Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

So For my GCSE in May ( Next month, oh lord... ) I have no know about the following periods:

Germany 1920 - 30
    The Cold War and Vietnam War

I've made notes on all of these periods, but the question is, how do I remember my notes?!?!

My dad bought me loads of flash cards but I dont know how to use them properly :/, So basically I want to know how to remember my notes?

ReputationRep:
    Germany 1920-1930: This decade saw the rise of the most evil entity in human history - Mercedes-Benz
    The Cold War: "You do something and see what happens" "No, you do something and see where it gets you." "No, you...etc etc"
    Vietnam War: You don't know, man, you weren't there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Littleonezz)
    Hey guys

So For my GCSE in May ( Next month, oh lord... ) I have no know about the following periods:

Germany 1920 - 30
    The Cold War and Vietnam War

I've made notes on all of these periods, but the question is, how do I remember my notes?!?!

My dad bought me loads of flash cards but I dont know how to use them properly :/, So basically I want to know how to remember my notes?

I've just replied to your other thread about how to use flash cards, but I didn't know what subjects you were taking!!

My last point was about flashcards/post-it notes.

It's literally what I did with my History GCSE

All the important dates, write them on a post-it and stick them up somewhere you will see them. Granted, it'll send your Dad crazy, but least you'll know them all off by heart by the end of it.

You can then use the flash cards to write a point at the top and then expand on it, using the main ideas.
    Once you learn the main point (maybe one key word or something) practice remembering what goes with it.

So say you put a specific date for Germany 1920-1930.
    you can put a few key words, and use your previous knowledge to expand on that point - getting you the marks. It'll drill it into your head then, so you'll know it all off by heart by the end of it haha.

As long as you know the stuff, you'll be able to relate it all to each question depending on what it's asking you.

Spoiler:
    Show
    My mum knows the exact date the Berlin wall got ripped down, thanks to my post-its during my GCSE's. oops:oops:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much for replying to both of my threads! I've started writing the important dates on the flashcards, thanks for your help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.