The Student Room Group

OCR English Literature A2 revision techniques?

I'm studying Antony and Cleopatra for the Shakespeare part, and then Chaucer's 'The Wife of Bath' and Jonson's 'Volpone' for the comparative essay. This could be a pre-emptive panic, but I have been putting off starting revision simply because I have no idea how to revise! (I can't remember how I revised for last year either-I'm resitting AS anyway). Any tips from anyone who's studying either these texts or just taking the same exam would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Original post by lidiax

I'm studying Antony and Cleopatra for the Shakespeare part, and then Chaucer's 'The Wife of Bath' and Jonson's 'Volpone' for the comparative essay. This could be a pre-emptive panic, but I have been putting off starting revision simply because I have no idea how to revise! (I can't remember how I revised for last year either-I'm resitting AS anyway). Any tips from anyone who's studying either these texts or just taking the same exam would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Heya, I'm going to put this in the English forum for you as you should get more responses there.You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=82
Hey, I'm studying The Wife of Bath and Ford's Tis Pity She's a Whore. Unlike the standard 'textbook' subjects I 100% agree that Litersture is a tricky one to 'pin down' in terms of revision. My embryonic plan is to start making thematic/structural/contextual links between the two texts and centre that as my revision focus, I feel the more I know about the relationship between the two texts, the easier links will come to me on the day!
Original post by Dukeofhazzard
Hey, I'm studying The Wife of Bath and Ford's Tis Pity She's a Whore. Unlike the standard 'textbook' subjects I 100% agree that Litersture is a tricky one to 'pin down' in terms of revision. My embryonic plan is to start making thematic/structural/contextual links between the two texts and centre that as my revision focus, I feel the more I know about the relationship between the two texts, the easier links will come to me on the day!

I am doing these two texts too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending