The Student Room Group

Could I leave some exams to revise for until the week before?

I am currently studying my AS level in biology chemistry maths and psychology. I have both my psychology exams, my maths core 1 and stats exams, my bio unit 1 and Chem unit 1 exams all before the May half term. This then leaves me with bio unit 2, chemistry unit 2 and core 2 until after the may half term. Would I be able to successfully prioritise my subjects before May half term from now until the exam series and then use the 9 solid days to revise hardcore for my 3 exams after the may half term? the only problem is the 3 exams after the half term are my 3 weakest exam papers :confused:
Do some light revision now to get a grasp of what you need to know for the final 3 exams, then go full out in those 9 days with 0 procrastination.
Reply 2
Original post by High Stakes
Do some light revision now to get a grasp of what you need to know for the final 3 exams, then go full out in those 9 days with 0 procrastination.

That's what I planned to do! I was planning on making notes making posters ect prior to the half term then doing 9 days solid of past questions and papers on the 3 papers
Original post by bethygirl
That's what I planned to do! I was planning on making notes making posters ect prior to the half term then doing 9 days solid of past questions and papers on the 3 papers

Posters and notes? How do you learn best? It's important you study efficiently.

I know a few people who spend all their time writing up these magnificent notes but lacked the capacity to apply what they've learned in their exams and received underwhelming results.
Reply 4
Posters and notes? How do you learn best? It's important you study efficiently.

I know a few people who spend all their time writing up these magnificent notes but lacked the capacity to apply what they've learned in their exams and received underwhelming results.

How would you suggest revising applying my knowledge because that's definitely a weak spot of mine
How would you suggest revising applying my knowledge because that's definitely a weak spot of mine

I would suggest after learning a particular topic to try past paper questions which are specifically on that topic.

For example thebiotutor.com organises all of their past papers by the module so you can have a more convenient time applying what you've known without the need to go through full past papers.

Moreover, when ever you make notes, put them so that they answer a question. For instance, what is the use of cholesterol in phospholipid membranes?
Reply 6
I would suggest after learning a particular topic to try past paper questions which are specifically on that topic.

For example thebiotutor.com organises all of their past papers by the module so you can have a more convenient time applying what you've known without the need to go through full past papers.

Moreover, when ever you make notes, put them so that they answer a question. For instance, what is the use of cholesterol in phospholipid membranes?

Worryingly that is a question I do not know, please could you answer that for me, is it something to do with the lipoproteins or something?
Worryingly that is a question I do not know, please could you answer that for me, is it something to do with the lipoproteins or something?

Cholesterol provides the phospholipid membrane with the necessary fluidity. Cholesterol molecules fit between the phoslipids thus providing further stability.

Quick Reply

Latest