Science Unit 2 and 3 exams for AQA are on the same days.

Watch this thread
Poll: Will having 2 Units in Science on the same day affect our total marks
Yes (6)
75%
No (0)
0%
Same Result (0)
0%
I don't Know? (2)
25%
Nukelearswede
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
All the Science Unit 2 and 3 exams for the AQA 2015 exams are on the same day;

Biology Unit 2 and 3 - 12 May
Chemistry Unit 2 and 3 - 14 May
Physics Unit 2 and 3 - 20 May

Do you think that having 2 of these hard unit topics on the same days will affect our grade, make them the same or make the overall grade higher as some units cross over (Biology)

What are you opinions?
Its scaring me as I'm revising so much for my sciences and think it'll be hard to do 2 exams at once
ckfeister
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
wow they are really going tough on these exams...
username1560589
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Nukelearswede)

Do you think that having 2 of these hard unit topics on the same days will affect our grade, make them the same or make the overall grade higher as some units cross over (Biology)

What are you opinions?
Its scaring me as I'm revising so much for my sciences and think it'll be hard to do 2 exams at once
Wait until you have two exams at the same time. Then it gets tough.
Aladino
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
They always have unit 2 and 3 together, one after the other?
Stress head-_-
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I think I might die.
Pwyll
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I remember that when I sat my Physics, Chemistry, and Biology exams it was exactly the same. C2 followed by C3, etc.

It sounds pretty bad, but it isn't really. Each paper is only an hour so two hours combined, plus ~5 minutes in between.

Honestly, as long as you've prepared well, sitting both papers back to back shouldn't negatively impact your performanc (I doubt it did mine) if you keep calm and just answer the questions.

EDIT: You're right that there is some overlap, which means you'll be in the right frame of mind for the second paper already.
Nukelearswede
Rep:
(Original post by Pwyll)
I remember that when I sat my Physics, Chemistry, and Biology exams it was exactly the same. C2 followed by C3, etc.

It sounds pretty bad, but it isn't really. Each paper is only an hour so two hours combined, plus ~5 minutes in between.

Honestly, as long as you've prepared well, sitting both papers back to back shouldn't negatively impact your performanc (I doubt it did mine) if you keep calm and just answer the questions.

EDIT: You're right that there is some overlap, which means you'll be in the right frame of mind for the second paper already.
Your right, Im revising like crazy for these exams, Nether the less; If you've revised all the topics and the revision i guess it won't be that bad
JanitaTwain
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Nukelearswede)

What are you opinions?
I have my business exam on the same day as well, so three exams in one day . Plus, since all my a level options are sciences I have to get an A or above to get in to my choice sixth form.
saifexperts
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
hi

My son has CIE A2 paper 5 biology on 8th of may at 8 am and edexcel physics unit 3 same day at 9 am how they will with him ??? any idea just I know am so worried as the first exam is 1.15 Hr !!
Nukelearswede
Rep:
(Original post by saifexperts)
hi

My son has CIE A2 paper 5 biology on 8th of may at 8 am and edexcel physics unit 3 same day at 9 am how they will with him ??? any idea just I know am so worried as the first exam is 1.15 Hr !!
Make sure your son NEVER feels pressured and nervous (nervous as in mental breakdown) of having so many exams; keep being positive, this puts him in a right frame of mind, keep making It sound like he will do amazing and he will do well, by the time he gets to the exam; he'll be like right done this exam that's not bad next one and then next; and he will successed as he wont lose information as the brain overreacts to the stress
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (141)
40.4%
They're exactly what I expected (86)
24.64%