The Student Room Group

Lost

I've just finished my IB. I walked out the exam room as per normal, as if I had another exam to go. Well, this was not the case. There was no yelling and screaming of joy.. No bitching about the fact that its over, but rather, a feeling that is similar to "heartbreak."

I am by no means a geek - I can party like any other person. But because of this "chapter closing" and the next one still waiting to be opened, life feels empty. I'm looking forward to all the free time I will have on my hands, but while I'm not saying I would redo the IB, I definately will miss it

Does anyone share the same sentiment?
Reply 1
yes
i know wot u mean...kind of..lol
its like an end of an era...i was like that wen i went to another school to do my A levels
ahh...memories...lol
Reply 3
I felt there would be screams of joy - there were slightly!

But yes, I agree life suddenly has no objective!

Rugby seems the only objective at the moment! But its summer! ahhhh!

Oh well....

I hope I keep all my friends.... :-)
Reply 4
I know what you mean about feeling just a little...at sea...without IB. I guess I'm really excited though because just this week I made the decision to take a gap year next year to work and get to spend time with my family...I miss them so much. I can't wait to see them at graduation!!! For now though, here is my list of things to do in my year off:

1) Learn to bartend
2) Write a full-length play
3) Earn 1 year of uni tuition
4) Go to Princeton to see my boyfriend (*giggle*)
5) Sleep as much as I want
6) Volunteer at the zoo

Any more ideas?
i've heard about ppl that go to third world countries and teach young children
that can be a very valuable experience
Reply 6
i feel exactly the same way..just go out and get drunk..its what i just did...

bt i ve got lots of things planned to take up my time as i recover from life without IB..god it feels weird
Reply 7
johnny_18
I've just finished my IB. I walked out the exam room as per normal, as if I had another exam to go. Well, this was not the case. There was no yelling and screaming of joy.. No bitching about the fact that its over, but rather, a feeling that is similar to "heartbreak."

I am by no means a geek - I can party like any other person. But because of this "chapter closing" and the next one still waiting to be opened, life feels empty. I'm looking forward to all the free time I will have on my hands, but while I'm not saying I would redo the IB, I definately will miss it

Go and solve world hunger. That generally takes up a bit of time.
Reply 8
we had screams of joy and cheers of "yessss!" :biggrin:
Reply 9
yay! no more IB!!! it feels kind of .. empty.. blank, though. havent had any plan for the summer :rolleyes:
Reply 10
Hey guys, stop philosophizing and ENJOY LIFE! If you're worried about "emptiness", you'll have something to do in a few months in university. cheer up.
Reply 11
quesoyyo
Hey guys, stop philosophizing and ENJOY LIFE! If you're worried about "emptiness", you'll have something to do in a few months in university. cheer up.

exactly.....make use of the time you have, go to the beach, do crazy things you would never do, this summer might be the last proper summer of your life...because after university it time to find a job...and then its all down hill from there
johnny_18

Oh great, I still have 4 more agonizing days to go but I don't really look forward to it. I think it is partly because of the fact that it will only be me and my other friend since the other three people in our class ended on different days...ah well...
I finished a week ago and I feel kinda out of of it still. I'm actually kind of bored by the lack of work and the freedom I have. And I can't really start getting into anything new since I'm going travelling in a month and than off to teach on my gap year.

What a thing to be complaining about....
Reply 14
From a very depressed mood and listening to Christopher Cross's "When you get caught between the moon and new york city" and feeling exceptionally blue, I joined other friends at the yacht club. BOY, do I feel better for getting out there and enjoying myself. I don't think I've ever had so much Jack Daniels in one sitting, nor have I been thrown off a banana boat so much, and not really caring one way or the other. In addition to, later that evening, one of my best friends and I met up at the Sheraton and went clubbing. WHAT FUN! everyone else went home, but we stayed until 2:00am and have to get up for school at 6:00am, with hangovers! lol! (advice for those who aren't finished - don't drink when the sun is up and its 40 degrees C.. you dehydrate and get a "mid evening" hangover that you drink off, and I'm waiting for the "cumulative hangover" when I eventually get off bed and up tomorrow!! hehe!). At least I'm enjoying myself now.

Latest

Trending

Trending