The Student Room Group

help with revising for my Science GCSE

Hi, I have the CGP revision guides, but like, I get bored, although I find then tood and useful, there's just too much info to take in by just reading. If I take notes in a notepad, its just copying everything and if I do that for core units and additional, it will just take ages. Idrk how to summarise notes, any advice ? If anyones on WhatsApp and they wanna talk, just ask for my number (:
Original post by whatzgucci
Hi, I have the CGP revision guides, but like, I get bored, although I find then tood and useful, there's just too much info to take in by just reading. If I take notes in a notepad, its just copying everything and if I do that for core units and additional, it will just take ages. Idrk how to summarise notes, any advice ? If anyones on WhatsApp and they wanna talk, just ask for my number (:

Hmmm I personally used my gcse revision youtube tutorials and made notes which helped alot. Also I use to make mini revision notes in one page and just tried to memorise it. Finally I use to do bare past papers which helped cause my actual exam contained one question from an old past paper. . Hope this helped :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Uz25
Hmmm I personally used my gcse revision youtube tutorials and made notes which helped alot. Also I use to make mini revision notes in one page and just tried to memorise it. Finally I use to do bare past papers which helped cause my actual exam contained one question from an old past paper. . Hope this helped :smile:

That's pretty awesome man, thanks aha. I'm gonna start myGCSEscience today thenn
That's pretty awesome man, thanks aha. I'm gonna start myGCSEscience today thenn

II'm a girl aha but it's cool. I remember last year I had twenty exams so stressful..

Good luck x
Once you know about 75% of the course content, start doing practice papers. If you see questions on topics you haven't covered, mark them with an asterisk and move on.
Mark your papers, follow the mark scheme. That way you can tell what you do and don't understand, what you need to explain/answer differently, as well as what you know well.
Then you can go over the bits you don't get with your teachers, and rectify silly mistakes when you answer questions again.
Then, if you have the time, read ahead! Haha
Reply 5
Hi, I have the CGP revision guides, but like, I get bored, although I find then tood and useful, there's just too much info to take in by just reading. If I take notes in a notepad, its just copying everything and if I do that for core units and additional, it will just take ages. Idrk how to summarise notes, any advice ? If anyone on WhatsApp and they wanna talk, just ask for my number (:

I find Using the Aqa specification as checklist is really helpful. I'd use it as guide to create my notes along with CGP revision guide and other books for extra information. After you've learnt all the content, just do the questions on the revision gude and do every past paper on the website. Use the past papers to find gaps in your knowledge, Mygcsescience video are really helpful as well.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Freesciencelessons.co.uk contains videos for most topics ( not for triple science)
(edited 9 years ago)
http://www.gcsescience.com/index.html - COVERS ALL TOPICS FOR CORE AND ADDITIONAL SCIENCE- CHEMISTRY AND PHYSICS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending