The Student Room Group

Help needed please

After a few weeks of deep thinking I don't think I want to go to uni this year and take a gap year instead to think about what I actually want to do and also save up for uni living since I won't be getting much of a loan/grant. Problem is, I've accepted my Firm and Insurance choices. Can I cancel them both or defer? If so then how?
Original post by dis0rder
After a few weeks of deep thinking I don't think I want to go to uni this year and take a gap year instead to think about what I actually want to do and also save up for uni living since I won't be getting much of a loan/grant. Problem is, I've accepted my Firm and Insurance choices. Can I cancel them both or defer? If so then how?

Speak to the universities directly about deferring. They may be sympathetic, or they may not. It depends on a number of factors for them. You'll need to tell them you're withdrawing anyway, if that's what you end up doing, but start with contacting admissions at the universities.
Reply 2
I read about someone who deferred their entry at Exeter, it does depend on the course and uni but if you explain to them by email why you don't want to go then they will probably defer your entry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Phone them.
I'm the one who deferred my Exeter offers. I just emailed them saying I had the opportunity to do some work experience, and also to save some money, as I will be on minimum maintenance loan, and they were absolutely fine about it. They just emailed back, no questions, and asked me to confirm it and they advised UCAS. I have a friend who deferred her Sheffied offer 2 years running, also no problem, she just contacted them. I did it after I'd firmed my 2 offers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending