Broysgol3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm studying... Biology WJEC, Psychology AQA (A), PE OCR and Welsh Bacc

I'm interested in... What are two uses for the protein in a growing potato plant? Any thoughts welcome! Many thanks.

My study level is... AS-level
docsta15
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi, I also study WJEC Biology and the answer to your question is that the two uses for the protein in a growing potato plant are:

1) for growth and repair
2) enzyme manufacture

I hope this helps and i would appreciate if we can discuss the content together!

Thanks
Broysgol3
Rep:
?
Hi there - yes, it does, many thanks!

I am not good at the biochemistry parts of BY1 and find it quite boring, so am loathe to knuckle under and revise when I know I MUST! Not long until the exams, so I really need to sort my self out!! How about you?

Thanks again for your help.
docsta15
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Broysgol3)
Hi there - yes, it does, many thanks!

I am not good at the biochemistry parts of BY1 and find it quite boring, so am loathe to knuckle under and revise when I know I MUST! Not long until the exams, so I really need to sort my self out!! How about you?

Thanks again for your help.
No problem and I'm actually getting to grips with BY1 and feel a little more confident, it's BY2 which i'm having trouble with at the moment..Especially the bit on plants ;?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Broysgol3
Rep:
?
Hi again. How did you find the biology exams? I thought BY1 was awful!!! BY2 wasn't brilliant, but was much better than BY1! I hope you found both OK, but most of my class mates found BY1 horrible too. I actually worked hard for both exams in the end, but will be surprised if I even pass.......can only hope the grade boundaries are (very) low!! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.49%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
16.97%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.02%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (79)
29.15%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.34%

Watched Threads