JamieC1234
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Right so I've started revising for my 10 gcses and 1 as today (did some revision before but can't remember much). My revision basically consists of me making notes, reading notes and testing myself. The plan is that when I've finished with the notes, I'll just do past papers until the exams. While I think this is a good plan, I have a slight dilemma.

When I write notes, I take a long long time (as in, one topic in RE takes 10 mins so a unit; ie 3.1, would take 2 hrs... and a topic in history takes 20 mins). By my calculations, I haven't enough time to revise everything before my exams. I tried just reading but my retention rate is crap then...

I think it would be best just to do past papers in maths and units 1 and 2 for all three sciences (unit 3 is in june, so i have time during half-term) as they are my best subs.

Any ideas how to speed up revision?

Thanks for all help
JamieC1234
Rep:
?
bump
JamieC1234
Rep:
?
essentially, for sciences, I try to write notes but this takes at least 15 mins per page for me to make sufficient notes. Should I just read through the cgp revision guide and do past papers??
izzz98
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I wouldn't make notes on everything but when i revise sciences i usually do all the questions from the textbook (took a couple from school lol) then i read the specific topic in the cgp books. Also don't calculate the amount of time you have left. I did and if i took that time seriously i would be screwed. Take your time ensuring that you've understood what your revising because there's no point in just making notes. I've got my exams too, good luck mate!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (98)
5.07%
Uncertainty around my education (290)
15.01%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (205)
10.61%
Lack of purpose or motivation (270)
13.98%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (85)
4.4%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (111)
5.75%
Loneliness (166)
8.59%
Financial worries (69)
3.57%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (86)
4.45%
Exposure to negative news/social media (92)
4.76%
Lack of real life entertainment (106)
5.49%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (170)
8.8%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (184)
9.52%

Watched Threads