21sophie21
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Can somebody please tell me how you would explain how substances can move in and out of cells by diffusion? And also the differences between aerobic and anaerobic respiration in yeast. Thanks
thegodofgod
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 21sophie21)
Can somebody please tell me how you would explain how substances can move in and out of cells by diffusion? And also the differences between aerobic and anaerobic respiration in yeast. Thanks
So what do you know so far about diffusion in and out of cells? What do substances have to cross in order to diffuse into or out of a cell? Are there substances that cannot diffuse in/out of cells? If there are any, how are they transported then?

Make a list of things that occur in aerobic respiration in yeast and make another list of things that occur during anaerobic respiration in yeast. Then compare the two lists and you'll have your differences.

Hope this helps!
Pikachu_98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by thegodofgod)
So what do you know so far about diffusion in and out of cells? What do substances have to cross in order to diffuse into or out of a cell? Are there substances that cannot diffuse in/out of cells? If there are any, how are they transported then?

Make a list of things that occur in aerobic respiration in yeast and make another list of things that occur during anaerobic respiration in yeast. Then compare the two lists and you'll have your differences.

Hope this helps!
Okay I don't know whether this helpful but I am doing Alevel Biology sooo.... some substance can diffuse through lipid bilayer part of membrane. the only substance that can do this is Hydrophobic molecules and extremely small hydrophilic molecules. for there molecules membrane is no barrier at all. since lipid diffusion is a passive process, no energy is involed and substance can move down their concentration gradient.
thegodofgod
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Pikachu_98)
Okay I don't know whether this helpful but I am doing Alevel Biology sooo.... some substance can diffuse through lipid bilayer part of membrane. the only substance that can do this is Hydrophobic molecules and extremely small hydrophilic molecules. for there molecules membrane is no barrier at all. since lipid diffusion is a passive process, no energy is involed and substance can move down their concentration gradient.
Good, that's the correct answer to your question
Pikachu_98
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Good, that's the correct answer to your question
My questions?
thegodofgod
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Pikachu_98)
My questions?
Oh, sorry - I mistook you for OP!
Pikachu_98
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh, sorry - I mistook you for OP!
Its Okay :cool:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.63%
I don't have everything I need (260)
44.37%

Watched Threads