Jago123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi all,

I am really struggling right now with my analysis of the data I have collected for my dissertation.

My question is 'Do individual paranormal beliefs and experiences affect risk taking and risk perception in individuals?'

My hypothesis is that those individuals that score higher on the paranormal scales are more likely to perceive situations as risky and less likely to engage in them.

I gave my participants three scales: Tobacyk revised paranormal belief scale (to measure their belief in the paranormal), The Australian sheep- goat scale (to measure previous paranormal experiences, and the DOSPERT Risk scale (which measured how risky they believed a behaviour to be and also how likely they would be to engage in that behaviour).

I am completely stumped of what analysis I need to use SPSS! Any guidance would be massively appreciated right now!
bethrhiannon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,
I'm doing my dissertation too, and found online tutorials on Youtube really helpful!
But as a little guidance.. on SPSS, you'll need to find out which type of statistical analysis you need to use on your results (2x2 ANOVA/between participants or repeated measures etc.).
You'll have to put each individual question as a separate variable, and reverse code the items on the scale to make sure they all measure the same thing.
But yeah have a look on Youtube as some videos explain things really well!
Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (160)
15.55%
Uncertainty around my education (167)
16.23%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (98)
9.52%
Isolating with family (71)
6.9%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (38)
3.69%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (90)
8.75%
Loneliness (102)
9.91%
Financial worries (46)
4.47%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (94)
9.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (73)
7.09%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (90)
8.75%

Watched Threads