JoshKnight9
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello everyone, has anyone got any tips on how to structure essays for A2 English lit and lang? I'm doing Volpone and Glengarry Glen Ross, and I'm currently getting C's and really need to push that up but feel I've hit a brick wall!!!!!
rockinhana
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Personally my teacher taught me how to structure paragraphs using PEAAAL. First you make your first point then you use evidence from the text such as a quote then you analyse 3 time for effective paragraph and then you link it subtly to the question that they are asking, Do not in any circumstance point out an literary feature without explaining the cause for it being present within the text. hope that helps if you need any more help dont hesitate to ask
JoshKnight9
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by rockinhana)
Personally my teacher taught me how to structure paragraphs using PEAAAL. First you make your first point then you use evidence from the text such as a quote then you analyse 3 time for effective paragraph and then you link it subtly to the question that they are asking, Do not in any circumstance point out an literary feature without explaining the cause for it being present within the text. hope that helps if you need any more help dont hesitate to ask
Thank you, that's really helpful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (101)
27.6%
No (265)
72.4%

Watched Threads