Will it be helpful to get this many revision guides if I am taking double science?

Watch
e2014
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Will it be beneficial for me, an individual taking double science, to buy the biology, chemistry and physics along with core and additional revision guides from CGP? Or should only those taking triple buy all three?
Peppercrunch
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just get the Core + Additional guides as they're sufficient for double science. I used them and I got an A* last year in both.
e2014
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Peppercrunch)
Just get the Core + Additional guides as they're sufficient for double science. I used them and I got an A* last year in both.
what do the biology, chemistry and physics ones have that core and additional don't? congrats on the a* btw.
Peppercrunch
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by e2014)
what do the biology, chemistry and physics ones have that core and additional don't? congrats on the a* btw.
My school didn't let anyone do triple science so I don't know about it. I'm assuming triple science goes more in depth and stuff like organic chemistry is introduced which isn't needed for core and additional.
lubna1998
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by e2014)
Will it be beneficial for me, an individual taking double science, to buy the biology, chemistry and physics along with core and additional revision guides from CGP? Or should only those taking triple buy all three?
Just buy the core and additional, the other revision guides would have information you wouldn't need
#sarahsmith2
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by e2014)
Buying the biology, chemistry, physics revision guides and then the core and additional too will be completely pointless... 2/3 of each of the individual science books will be exactly the same as the core and additional books and the other third you don't need because that's the third unit which you won't be tested on.
jamestg
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I do triple science and I've got CGP Core, Additional, Further Additional as well as the AQA Biology, Chemistry and Physics revision books.

Both have their merits, and both explain things in slightly different ways. So if CGP may confuse you on say Diffusion, the AQA book may not. Also, in a rush the AQA ones are better. But the CGP ones are in slightly more depth so are good for early on revision.

If you have the money, IMHO, do what I did. If not, just get the one which seems the best to you!
pursuedbyabear
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, as said previously, there wouldn't be much point. All that the separate science ones do is tag the extra units (B3, C3, P3) on the end - the content of the first two (core and additional) units shouldn't be too different.
Mr...
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by e2014)
Stuff for Triple Science (C3, B3 and P3) which won't help as they are not part of double science. Don't waste your money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (338)
83.66%
No (66)
16.34%

Watched Threads