The Student Room Group

Pre-Placement Health Clearance

I've got an offer to study medicine and for the pre-placement health clearance I have to provide details of which vaccinations I've had and the dates on which I had them.
Does anyone know where I can get this information? Can I call up my GP surgery and ask them to give me the details? I have no idea which vaccinations I've had, and even less clue of when I had them done..
Original post by calandria
I've got an offer to study medicine and for the pre-placement health clearance I have to provide details of which vaccinations I've had and the dates on which I had them.
Does anyone know where I can get this information? Can I call up my GP surgery and ask them to give me the details? I have no idea which vaccinations I've had, and even less clue of when I had them done..

Yes, just ring your gp and ask for a copy of your vaccination records. They'll normally do it in a day or two for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by ForestCat
Yes, just ring your gp and ask for a copy of your vaccination records. They'll normally do it in a day or two for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Perfect, thanks :smile:
Reply 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

And if you're really lucky, they'll say that you received the MMR as a baby when you almost certainly did not. :ninja:
Original post by Ronove
And if you're really lucky, they'll say that you received the MMR as a baby when you almost certainly did not. :ninja:

Lol! I was very greatful I had gotten all my vaccination over and done with, bar the hep b booster for uni this time around. There were a lot of scared looking 18year olds on the first day of term!
Reply 5
Lol! I was very greatful I had gotten all my vaccination over and done with, bar the hep b booster for uni this time around. There were a lot of scared looking 18year olds on the first day of term!

I've had all sorts because I was supposed to be going to Peru on a gap year (ended up cancelling, but had already had a lot of vaccinations including Hep A and B). You don't need to have any health checks or vaccinations before starting here though. :dontknow:
Original post by Ronove
I've had all sorts because I was supposed to be going to Peru on a gap year (ended up cancelling, but had already had a lot of vaccinations including Hep A and B). You don't need to have any health checks or vaccinations before starting here though. :dontknow:

Hmm thats interesting. Whats their national vaccination programme like?
Reply 7
Hmm thats interesting. Whats their national vaccination programme like?

Like this I assume. Bit confusing because I initially thought meningitis wasn't on there, but at least one type is covered by those vaccinations. Not that I could tell you which. Also no TB? Though I hear that that's only offered in a select few high risk areas in the UK now anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending