The Student Room Group

Driving instructor didn't turn up, what should I do?

Hi,
I'm confused on what to do regarding my driving instructor not showing up for my second lesson. I am at uni full time as well as working many hours, so I don't have much free time. My lesson was booked at 17:45, and I was asking to stay on at work until 8, but I turned it down saying I had to be home for a driving lesson. I was waiting for an hour, downstairs in the hallway of my shared accommodation. At around 6 I sent him a couple texts asking if he was still coming and I got no reply. I sent a few more texts a couple hours later and still no reply. I finally messaged him on facebook at around midnight because we had another lesson planned this morning (my only day off) and I didn't want to turn down any more plans for him not to show up. He basically messaged me angrily telling me not to message him late as it woke him up. I then sent another message saying 'you didn't show up today?' and he replied I will check my diary in the morning.' He then messaged me this morning saying 'your lesson is at 9:45 this morning.'
I knew that! I wanted to know why he didn't show up!
I don't know what to do regarding this situation as I need to learn to drive but haven't got the time for people that are not going to show up to arranged lessons.
I made the mistake of paying for a block of 10 lessons, if I was to change driving instructors could I ask for this money back?
I just feel like I'm getting messed about.

Thanks for your help!
Reply 1
Original post by AutumnWalker

I made the mistake of paying for a block of 10 lessons, if I was to change driving instructors could I ask for this money back?

You could certainly ask and he would almost certainly refuse. Your only real options are:

- Continue with current instructor for the rest of the 10 block and then ditch.
- Find a new instructor and accept you've lost that 10 block money
- Demand a refund. Threaten to take him to court.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending