Tips for BTEC level 3 health and social care coursework?

Watch
Boxiebox
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Okay, Hi! I'm currently taking my GCSE's and will then go on to do a BTEC Extended Diploma (Level 3) in Health and Social care and I wanted to know, if anyone has done the course previously, tips for coursework or essays.

I have to say - I'm going into this course almost completely blind. The college only gave us the methods of assessment for the overall two years. I know that this BTEC includes Presentations, tests and essays, etc.

However what subjects did you (If you, once again, took a BTEC in H&Sc), have to write Essays about?

(Also if you have any tips for keeping on top of coursework or how difficult it will be - The college instructors and teachers kinda did a vague explanation.)

Thank you~
EmEmTheFairy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Boxiebox)
Okay, Hi! I'm currently taking my GCSE's and will then go on to do a BTEC Extended Diploma (Level 3) in Health and Social care and I wanted to know, if anyone has done the course previously, tips for coursework or essays.

I have to say - I'm going into this course almost completely blind. The college only gave us the methods of assessment for the overall two years. I know that this BTEC includes Presentations, tests and essays, etc.

However what subjects did you (If you, once again, took a BTEC in H&Sc), have to write Essays about?

(Also if you have any tips for keeping on top of coursework or how difficult it will be - The college instructors and teachers kinda did a vague explanation.)

Thank you~
I am due to complete the BTEC level 3 this year. You will have to study 18 different units over the two years. Which units your college chooses to teach will depend on what you study, so you may not study the exact same as I have studied.

My advice would be to get all assignments done the week you are handed them, otherwise you will end up with a backlog of assignments. Expect 2-4 assignments a week, with 3 weeks to complete each one. If you can keep on top of your work, you should have no issue at all
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (77)
29.06%
No (188)
70.94%

Watched Threads