Uni for Illustration, Edinburgh, UWE, Leeds college of art or Falmouth Watch

Anniemayadam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
My first choice was originally Brighton to study Illustration however they have put me into clearing and told me it is unlikely that I can get a place. My second choice was Edinburgh who have given me an easily achievable offer however this is for first year entry (I Had wanted to enter in the second year as I have already studied a Level 3 BTEC being taught alongside foundation students) and that would mean an extra year of Uni and an extra 9,000 pounds!! Is the course at Edinburgh good enough to warrant this??
I also have easily achievable offers from UWE and Leeds college of art. And am contemplating weather or not to go to my Falmouth Interview next week. Any experience or advice would be greatly appreciated
(also I am quite an outgoing person who likes culture, music and nightlife so ideally want a university with this )
s/k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Did you go to your falmouth interview in the end?
I was going to say go for it! I've got a place confirmed for falmouth illustration, and going to the interview changed my mind completely. It was my 5th choice, i got into uwe, bournemouth and Gloucestershire as well. I'm already from Cornwall and for years have dreamt of moving big and away, but in the end the falmouth interview totally switched my view on it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (161)
17.5%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (81)
8.8%
No I am happy with my course choice (547)
59.46%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (131)
14.24%

Watched Threads