Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE Edexcel Further Additional Science 2015 (B3,C3,P3) watch

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here doing edexcel triple science in June 2015 (B3,C3,P3)? If so I thought I'd make this thread so that we can all help each other out to ensure we get the best grade possible.

Is there any topic you guys find difficult? Personally I find P3 the hardest as it contains a LOT of maths questions. If so just comment below and hopefully either myself of others will do our best to help you out.

I also found this awesome channel for edexcel C3 which has helped me out considerably, so I would definitely check it out and subscribe: http://youtu.be/6JiZPeiKAhs

Does anyone know any good youtube channels/ videos for B3 and P3?

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I am doing edexcel triple science as well. I personally find P3 the hardest as well and I just hate revising for it. I haven't really started revising for the extension units yet. I am focusing on the additional ones because they are first. I am planning to start practicing past papers from the third week of april. Have you finished revised everything yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcses2015)
    Hi

I am doing edexcel triple science as well. I personally find P3 the hardest as well and I just hate revising for it. I haven't really started revising for the extension units yet. I am focusing on the additional ones because they are first. I am planning to start practicing past papers from the third week of april. Have you finished revised everything yet?
    I've started revising for B3, C3 and P3 as there's a lot of content to remember. Trying to do a little everyday. And with Additional, I've also started but I think I'm alright with all the twos as we did it last year and this year. There doesn't seem to be much past papers for the extension units. :/ How are you revising for the additional?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ikr!! There is only one past paper for the extension units which is really annoying. Basically, I finished writing my notes and I bought a few revision guides and I am comparing them and picking out every little information. I personally think CGP is quite helpful for extension and additional. I am kind of upset though because I got an 'A' in my controlled assessments now I have to work extra hard for the exam to get an A/A*. What did you get for your controlled assessments?

ReputationRep:
    Ikr!! There is only one past paper for the extension units which is really annoying. Basically, I finished writing my notes and I bought a few revision guides and I am comparing them and picking out every little information. I personally think CGP is quite helpful for extension and additional. I am kind of upset though because I got an 'A' in my controlled assessments now I have to work extra hard for the exam to get an A/A*. What did you get for your controlled assessments?
    Yeh I always use the CGP Books!! I got an A* in all the science coursework (core, additional and further) . Did you do your core science exam last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did this last year and got an A* so if you need any help let me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SubwayLover1)
    I did this last year and got an A* so if you need any help let me know
    That's awesome, congrats. I got an A and will do. Do you have any revision tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MIST_123)
    That's awesome, congrats. I got an A and will do. Do you have any revision tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Basically :

- Use the edexcel textbook as it has all the information needed
    - I used flash cards for revision
    - Use and go through the specification
    - Use past papers!! ( BEST TIP)

Do not stick to using revision guides! They sometimes miss out little topics such as one time a question about chemo-synthetic bacteria came up and it wasn't in the guide

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There are actually three papers for each B3,P3 and C3. There is a sample paper, June 2013 and June 2014 which has been recently released. If you have any problems accessing these papers I can always email it to you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Basically :

- Use the edexcel textbook as it has all the information needed
    - I used flash cards for revision
    - Use and go through the specification
    - Use past papers!! ( BEST TIP)

Do not stick to using revision guides! They sometimes miss out little topics such as one time a question about chemo-synthetic bacteria came up and it wasn't in the guide
    Thank you for the tips. are you doing Triple as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the tips. are you doing Triple as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am in year 12
    I got A, A*,A* last year for core,additional and further respectively.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I always use the CGP Books!! I got an A* in all the science coursework (core, additional and further) . Did you do your core science exam last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done! You are so lucky. Yeah I done my core science exam last year and I got an 'A'. To be honest I found the papers quite hard. What did you get?

ReputationRep:
    Well done! You are so lucky. Yeah I done my core science exam last year and I got an 'A'. To be honest I found the papers quite hard. What did you get?
    Yeh same here got an A (which I am very happy with). I think I found the physics (as usual) the hardest. I just really don't like physics. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am in year 12
    I got A, A*,A* last year for core,additional and further respectively.
    That's awesome, well done. I'm guessing you do sciences for AS/A Level?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeh same here got an A (which I am very happy with). I think I found the physics (as usual) the hardest. I just really don't like physics. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeh same. I hate physics. What subjects are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh same. I hate physics. What subjects are you doing?
    Maths, English Lit and Lang, Science (Tipple), ICT, History and Spanish. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maths, English Lit and Lang, Science (Tipple), ICT, History and Spanish. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am doing Maths, English Lit, English Lang, Triple Science, German, ICT, Geography, Sociology, History, Food Tech and RE. Have you started revising for everything?

ReputationRep:
    That's awesome, well done. I'm guessing you do sciences for AS/A Level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Biology and Chemistry
    Hated physics!"!

ReputationRep:
    I am doing Maths, English Lit, English Lang, Triple Science, German, ICT, Geography, Sociology, History, Food Tech and RE. Have you started revising for everything?
    Pretty much just not really for History (which I will start soon). Which exam board do you do for ICT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Biology and Chemistry
    Hated physics!"!
    Can understand (hate physics as well). I'm thinking about doing Biology and Chemistry next year also. Which one would you say you find the hardest? heard Chemistry A-Level is really HARD!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.