The Student Room Group

OCR ECONOMICS F582 The National and International Economy [UNIT 2 - 19TH MAY 2015]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Carrot123
Has anybody got access to the 2014 markscheme for OCR F582, this will be greatly appreciated... (I already have the paper)...

I'm retaking F582 this year, as I got a D last year, but did anybody else find the F582 exam really difficult for those that are retaking?

Thanks anyway and any help will be greatly appreciated...

Hi
I found both difficult as heck! Yet I did pretty well in this unit, but not the other one :frown:
I realised it is because I didnt attempt enough past papers and did not learn the stufff in depth, such as last years essay question I did the wrong diagrams
Original post by Makashima
Hi
I found both difficult as heck! Yet I did pretty well in this unit, but not the other one :frown:
I realised it is because I didnt attempt enough past papers and did not learn the stufff in depth, such as last years essay question I did the wrong diagrams

I did enough past papers, however the same as you, I simply didn't know the stuff in depth... The exam this year I hope goes a lot better...
Reply 82
I did enough past papers, however the same as you, I simply didn't know the stuff in depth... The exam this year I hope goes a lot better...

Hopefully we succeed :P Cos A2 is a nightmare rn :frown: Goodluck ahhh only 24 days left XD
Original post by Makashima
Hopefully we succeed :P Cos A2 is a nightmare rn :frown: Goodluck ahhh only 24 days left XD

What do you think you struggle on? Any help needed I can try and offer, and maybe we can help each other out?
Reply 84
What do you think you struggle on? Any help needed I can try and offer, and maybe we can help each other out?

I cannot think any right now but if I do I will surely ask :P
Hmm what do you think will be on this paper? Thanks god it is not balance of payment or any exports/import cos it was on last year D:
I havent looked at the papers yet so cannot predict?

Maybe we can do essay plan with all the papers in may, not right now cos im preparing for my bio exam pracs :P
Reply 85
uhh how harder is a2 econ compared to as..?
Reply 86
Original post by Pato1
uhh how harder is a2 econ compared to as..?

It varies depending on the person...

Im kinda struggling with global because Im havent really learnt everything
Everyone do Global economy for unit 5, where you are given a pre-seen case study 5 pages of writings, and then they ask you question about it...You dont know the questions but you can kinda predict based on the content given ...E.g. if it mentions about trade creation then one of the Qs might be asking you about trade creation

But then you have two option for the other unit, either work and leisure or transport; depends which one your college does

Tbh maybe over the holiday have look at the A2 exams and content etc
And a lot of college allow people to change their A2 subjects within the first two weeks...hopefully u can too :smile:

basically in A2, all questions are kinda big marks...more like mini essays and essays...no small questions e.g. 2 marks...no interpret the elasticities
usually like 4,6,10,20 (thats the structure of global economy, it goes like 4,6,10,4,6,10,20)

just bc i said it is harder dont be influence by it, prob im just a really dumb kid XD
plus everything gets harder in A2 anyway
(edited 9 years ago)
could you send it to me
I made some notes on Unit 1 and 2. Hopefully you find them useful

Unit 1 Notes:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/4ait8a...vel_Notes.docx

Unit 2 Notes:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/1blv5a...Finished).docx
Could you please send me the 2014 markscheme
Who has the 2014 mark scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Hi guys, can someone please helpme to understand protectionism? Also, how do you evaluate it when mentioning it as a L4 point?
Original post by RK1998
Hi guys, can someone please helpme to understand protectionism? Also, how do you evaluate it when mentioning it as a L4 point?

For the first part you would have to be more specific as to what you don't understand but for the L4 point it is mostly that if you increase free trade restrictions you will decrease imports or if a country's main trading partners reduce their free trade restrictions exports will increase. Both would cause AD to increase and a better balance of payments position due to the better current account position. The problem with the first one though is that you may get retaliation and so other countries may respond by increasing the free trade restrictions resulting in you importing less but also exporting less as well which wouldn't be good.
NOTE - The reason increasing free trade restrictions on imports to your country decreases them is because it raises their price and so makes them less price competitive leading to lower demand leading to less import expenditure. If you need help with anything else feel free to ask.
Original post by RK1998

I would rely on the explanation from the textbook (page 161), the evaluation depends on the question. Tariff (tax on imports), quotas (physical restriction on imports)............
Original post by keynes24
I would rely on the explanation from the textbook (page 161), the evaluation depends on the question. Tariff (tax on imports), quotas (physical restriction on imports)............

Can you also talk about PED of imports, so even of the price for french wine increases quantity demanded doesn't really fall. Basically, the more price inelastic the imports, the less effective the tarrif?
Original post by Gladiatorsword
Can you also talk about PED of imports, so even of the price for french wine increases quantity demanded doesn't really fall. Basically, the more price inelastic the imports, the less effective the tarrif?

yes
Reply 96
Original post by OrionMusicNet
For the first part you would have to be more specific as to what you don't understand but for the L4 point it is mostly that if you increase free trade restrictions you will decrease imports or if a country's main trading partners reduce their free trade restrictions exports will increase. Both would cause AD to increase and a better balance of payments position due to the better current account position. The problem with the first one though is that you may get retaliation and so other countries may respond by increasing the free trade restrictions resulting in you importing less but also exporting less as well which wouldn't be good.
NOTE - The reason increasing free trade restrictions on imports to your country decreases them is because it raises their price and so makes them less price competitive leading to lower demand leading to less import expenditure. If you need help with anything else feel free to ask.

Oh thank you, that was really helpful
I was wondering about protectionism in general, the effectiveness and everything. But as a L4 point it makes more sense.
Reply 97
Original post by keynes24

Right! I was revising on the new version and there wasnt much that's why.
Anyways, do you think the definition "the protection of domestic industries from foreign competition" would be enough for a 2 marks Q?
Reply 98
Desperate for 2014 mark scheme as I'm resitting and didn't do the exam last year but two years ago! If anyone's got it I would appreciate it lots:colondollar:
Original post by mackayg
Desperate for 2014 mark scheme as I'm resitting and didn't do the exam last year but two years ago! If anyone's got it I would appreciate it lots:colondollar:

I'll send it to you when I get the chance, can I have your email and I'll send it to you that way?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending