The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

York St. John accomodation?

So I've put YSJ as my firm and I start in September but I really don't know which accommodation to go for, has anyone figured out where they'd like to stay?
Reply 1
The only block I saw at last week's visit day was the Grange, but it was enough for me to choose it. It's cheap, but the standards were pretty damn high. I can only imagine what the more expensive ones like City Res or St John Central are like.
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
I went to the open day and i visited a few accommodation sites and i personally liked the Grange more than any other.

It's a close walk to the campus and a really quick bike ride. It's gated so at about 11pm the gates are closed but there is an entrance to get in if you went on a night out. It does mean that the risk of robbery is lower too and you also get insurance on items in your room (if it gets stolen then its covered).

I thought that was quite good and then i asked someone i know there which is the most sociable and they said it was the Grange. Not only that but it also the cheapest! You'd think that for the price the rooms would be bad but from what i saw they were quite big and had nothing wrong with them, plus you'd have your own sink :biggrin: (but share a bathroom with about 5 people).
Reply 3
I'm trying to decide wether to firm York St. John or not but I've just went to York today to have a look where the accommodations are, and think Percy lane and grays wharf are lush! They're in a really nice area

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone decided yet? I'm really not sure either!!! I had a look around Percy's Lane, but I'm not sure I want to stay somewhere where there is a giant construction site next door. Does anybody know if there is still work being done there? If not I'm thinking St John Central.
The construction was going on all year but not really a problem. It is going to be a new private hall of residence and is supposed to be finished by September anyway. I lived in Reynard House at Percys Lane.
Oh cool! Thank you for your reply! I think I'll go ahead and apply for Percy's Lane in that case. Interesting that the construction site is halls of residence! Do you know what it's called?
[QUOTE=schmoiggle;57920427]Oh cool! Thank you for your reply! I think I'll go ahead and apply for Percy's Lane in that case. Interesting that the construction site is halls of residence! Do you know what it's called?

It is Student Castle. All mod cons but very expensive!
[QUOTE=schmoiggle;57920427]Oh cool! Thank you for your reply! I think I'll go ahead and apply for Percy's Lane in that case. Interesting that the construction site is halls of residence! Do you know what it's called?

It is Student Castle. All mod cons but very expensive!
Holy crap, looks pretty awesome! Very expensive though. But tbf, if you take in the price of the gym and stuff, it's not too much more than Percy's.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending