The Student Room Group

HEC Paris Information

Hi, I'm just finishing my second year of a classics degree at University College London, and I'm going into my second year expecting to achieve a 2:1 over all.
Obviously I have to now be looking at jobs/masters, and I have been very excited by the Masters in Management from HEC Paris Grande Ecole.

http://www.hec.edu/Masters-programs/Master-s-Programs/Grande-Ecole-Master-s-Programs/Master-in-Management/Key-Features

I just have a few questions for alumni/people currently applying/people studying at HEC Paris now.

Mainly its to do with fees - it says on the "fees and financing" page that it costs €26,000 for EU members, which I am, with an additional €750 if you take a gap year. Is this per year or does this cover the whole cost of the programme?

Secondly, I am very concerned about how one might finance a €26,000, or €52,000 cost. I am aware that there are scholarships and grants that one can apply to but I can't imagine that any of them would cover the giant fee anyway.

I noticed on the page that they also reference Prodigy Finance as a loan company that funds HEC Paris courses for non french nationals, but their APR is roughly 9% so I was wondering what alternatives there are.

Finally, what kind of experience did you have before applying?
I have had 3 1/2 years working in retail part time and at the time of applying will have had 1 year working in hospital administration part time, among other non academic pursuits such as spending a few weeks for the past couple summers taking a group out to Romania to do charity work, but I havent got any specific experience in management eg internships.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending