hey all,

let me give you a brief summarisation;
my friends are kinda smart
im kinda smart
i revise very little
they revise much more
i constantly feel worried im not doing enough
im still getting good grades
ive stepped up my revision now, to counteract my guilty feeling of doing too little revision
still feeling worried and stressed

the same thing happened to me during GCSEs (im in AS). any tips?
i wake up at 6 am sharp, rest for 2 hours, start working at 8am, have breakfast after a 1 hour session, then do a couple of hours and thats all. i then do 1 exam paper (i rush it, usually doing it in 1/8th the time allocated) and then i relax.

any tips to get a grip? preferably something i can do as soon as i wake up or just before i sleep/

Reply 1
Original post by kelefi
hey all,

let me give you a brief summarisation;
my friends are kinda smart
im kinda smart
i revise very little
they revise much more
i constantly feel worried im not doing enough
im still getting good grades
ive stepped up my revision now, to counteract my guilty feeling of doing too little revision
still feeling worried and stressed

the same thing happened to me during GCSEs (im in AS). any tips?
i wake up at 6 am sharp, rest for 2 hours, start working at 8am, have breakfast after a 1 hour session, then do a couple of hours and thats all. i then do 1 exam paper (i rush it, usually doing it in 1/8th the time allocated) and then i relax.

any tips to get a grip? preferably something i can do as soon as i wake up or just before i sleep/

I hope you're not intentionally waking up at 6am... it seems silly considering how little work you're doing.

You should wake up at a reasonable time (if 6am is reasonable for you then fine) eat, wash, have a drink and then start work. Everyone has different strategies so it's hard to say what you should be doing. If you want to aim for 5 hours a day I would do a couple after eating/washing etc, take a break, do another hour before lunch, then do two more later on. So it might be you work 8-11, 12-1, then 3-5.

I don't think working late is a particular good idea... you should really try and relax before sleep.
Reply 2
Original post by Howbeit
I hope you're not intentionally waking up at 6am... it seems silly considering how little work you're doing.

You should wake up at a reasonable time (if 6am is reasonable for you then fine) eat, wash, have a drink and then start work. Everyone has different strategies so it's hard to say what you should be doing. If you want to aim for 5 hours a day I would do a couple after eating/washing etc, take a break, do another hour before lunch, then do two more later on. So it might be you work 8-11, 12-1, then 3-5.

I don't think working late is a particular good idea... you should really try and relax before sleep.

It depends on the type of work you're doing and how much you enjoy the work you're doing. If it's something that requires you to sit at a computer screen then you could easily do extensive hours without a break.

But for work that is less stimulating, I would agree with what you have said.
Reply 3
any good methods on not feeling so worried/guilty?

the time im revising isnt really the problem, because the way i work i only need to really read something through once while focusing to get it down, my problem is that i cant focus because im constantly worrying about how much more revision everyone else is doing/
hi im new to this and i just wanted to ask

last year ( AS ) i achieved CCE, i will be retaking that E at the end of the year hoping to achieve a C overall

Will it be possible for me to achieve BBC for my A2 ?

Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by kelefi
i then do 1 exam paper (i rush it, usually doing it in 1/8th the time allocated) and then i relax.

Why?
Reply 6
because it makes little difference to my end result, i end up with about 5% less that i would get had i taken the full time.

Quick Reply

Latest