The Student Room Group

Pharmacy at Reading

I have an offer to study pharmacy in reading for AAB. But i feel that i am more likely to get BBB. Do you think they can still take me on? And did you or anyone else you know miss their offer put still got in?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by izuibe96
I have an offer to study pharmacy in reading for ABB/AAB. But i feel that i am more likely to get BBB. Do you think they can still take me on? And did you or anyone else you know miss their offer put still got in?

You can still get in with BBB no problem. All depends on how many people miss their offers on results day but you are almost guaranteed to get in with BBB. Just make sure that whatever happens, you have a B in chemistry as that is the A-level that emphasis is put on (to meeting your offer).

I'm a 2nd year pharmacy student at Reading and people from my year group got BBB and still got accepted on UCAS track :smile:
Original post by James A
You can still get in with BBB no problem. All depends on how many people miss their offers on results day but you are almost guaranteed to get in with BBB. Just make sure that whatever happens, you have a B in chemistry as that is the A-level that emphasis is put on (to meeting your offer).

I'm a 2nd year pharmacy student at Reading and people from my year group got BBB and still got accepted on UCAS track :smile:

How do you find the course at reading ? is it difficult , are the lecturers really helpful ? and how do you find Reading as whole living there ?

If you dont mind me asking of course... :biggrin:
Original post by TheLegalDealer
How do you find the course at reading ? is it difficult , are the lecturers really helpful ? and how do you find Reading as whole living there ?

If you dont mind me asking of course... :biggrin:

I really enjoy the course, it's challenging but fun. In second year you build up on the basics you learnt from first year and you get to explore different therapeutic drugs and how they affect the body. There is alot of science and knowledge to do with formulation of the drug, mechanism of action, pharmacology, pharmacokinetics etc, it's not just about processing prescriptions! :tongue:

Like with any course, you need to put in the work if you want a good grade and to answer your point about the lecturers, yes they are really approachable, even after the lecture has finished they stay behind to answer any questions that people may have (or you can always drop them an email or visit them in their office and they will happily help).

What I really like about being at Reading is that the campus (whiteknights) is really nice and big, has it's green spaces (we even have our own massive lake) and the library, lecture halls etc are all situated in good range of each other. The town is really nice too, you got the Oracle shopping centre and broad street mall which have every shop you can think of :tongue: there are LOADS of shops here :biggrin: :biggrin: 25 minutes from London by train.

Night life is really good here too but I'm kept busy with the work so I don't have much time for that :tongue: The students union is like the eight best in the country out of all universities and they really make sure the students have a voice and are well looked after.

Let me know if you got more questions (and nice username btw :cool: )
Reply 4
Thanks for the reply. Can i just ask if u guys had to do any pharmacy work experience in the summer. If so, how hard was it to get like community/hospital work experience?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending