The Student Room Group

UCL vs. St Andrews (2015)

Hi! As you can see from the title, i'm finding it hard to choose between these two universities, and i've been to both but I still can't decide, which one I should go for. I know UCL is no.5 in the world rankings but does it really have that much prestige over St A? I'm slightly biased towards St A but it almost seems stupid to completely let go of UCL....by the way I am applying for History of Art and Spanish if that helps!
Reply 1
Original post by ShellyAmir3
Hi! As you can see from the title, i'm finding it hard to choose between these two universities, and i've been to both but I still can't decide, which one I should go for. I know UCL is no.5 in the world rankings but does it really have that much prestige over St A? I'm slightly biased towards St A but it almost seems stupid to completely let go of UCL....by the way I am applying for History of Art and Spanish if that helps!

Hi.
I am facing the same dilemma. What did you finally decide on?
Reply 2
Original post by Snaps7
Hi.
I am facing the same dilemma. What did you finally decide on?

Hey! I ended up going with St Andrews because being a Londoner i felt like it would be good to spend time elsewhere and also after realising there wasn't a big difference between their status/academic ranking i did decide to go with St Andrews. What about you?
Reply 3
Original post by ShellyAmir3
Hey! I ended up going with St Andrews because being a Londoner i felt like it would be good to spend time elsewhere and also after realising there wasn't a big difference between their status/academic ranking i did decide to go with St Andrews. What about you?

Hey, I'm still undecided. Have about a week to think it out though. I've been mulling over which course I like more. Both the Masters programmes are quite different and hence, my decision in the end, depends on the course material I guess. But the faculty at St. Andrews seems extremely friendly and nice.
Congratulations and all the best. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending