UniCredit Graduate Scheme vs Imperial College Msc Invest.& Wealth Management Watch

deddel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello to everybody

I need some help

Briefly: I am 22 years old Bsc graduate from University of Siena in Banking Science - Financial Markets, (did a gap year at Oxford Brookes UK). I worked as off cycle Intern in Equity Derivatives at UniCredit Markets 6 mths.

I have recently received an offer from the Imperial College London Msc I&WM, which is great - i really love that programme! The trouble: one week after I was offered a place at the UniCredit Graduate Scheme, as my boss said that he will sponsor me 100% sure, so it's very likely I will get a place at the end.

The graduate scheme lasts only for 1 year and I will have the opportunity to rotate across varying desks of Equity Derivatives S&T (London, Munich and Milan). The point is that I don't I want to stay at UniCredit and I would rather look for a more global bank in London (My target is GS).

On the other hand I have no clue how much an Msc at Imperial can be relevat to find a place in a global bank in London. The expense is quite high. At the same time I don't know how a graduate scheme in my CV can make a real impact. I have cosidered also to pay the deposit to Imperial, do the UC scheme for one year and then go to take the Msc after one year - possibily it would result in a two years programme which is not that bad.

Which one would you go for? please share any idea you have

I am very confused at the monement as you can see
Alfionitti
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by deddel)
Hello to everybody

I need some help

Briefly: I am 22 years old Bsc graduate from University of Siena in Banking Science - Financial Markets, (did a gap year at Oxford Brookes UK). I worked as off cycle Intern in Equity Derivatives at UniCredit Markets 6 mths.

I have recently received an offer from the Imperial College London Msc I&WM, which is great - i really love that programme! The trouble: one week after I was offered a place at the UniCredit Graduate Scheme, as my boss said that he will sponsor me 100% sure, so it's very likely I will get a place at the end.

The graduate scheme lasts only for 1 year and I will have the opportunity to rotate across varying desks of Equity Derivatives S&T (London, Munich and Milan). The point is that I don't I want to stay at UniCredit and I would rather look for a more global bank in London (My target is GS).

On the other hand I have no clue how much an Msc at Imperial can be relevat to find a place in a global bank in London. The expense is quite high. At the same time I don't know how a graduate scheme in my CV can make a real impact. I have cosidered also to pay the deposit to Imperial, do the UC scheme for one year and then go to take the Msc after one year - possibily it would result in a two years programme which is not that bad.

Which one would you go for? please share any idea you have

I am very confused at the monement as you can see
Hey man! what did you do in the end? puoi scrivermi in private? grazie!!
Yaboi
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd take the graduate programme, you can do the masters the year after but you probably won't get this chance again at unicredit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (145)
17.64%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9%
No I am happy with my course choice (485)
59%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (118)
14.36%

Watched Threads