The Student Room Group

i feel like im wasting my youth

all i seem to do is go on all the internet all day, doing nothing.

so does anyone have any ideas on how i could start fulfilling my youth?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Destroy your phone
Smash your laptop
Thank me later

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ffs :laugh:
Reply 3
Original post by ProNoob
Destroy your phone
Smash your laptop
Thank me later

Posted from TSR Mobile

be fair, they cost money, besides i'm addicted so would pick my mums laptop up
Original post by CherryWine
Ffs :laugh:

what ?
Reply 4
Original post by damoney
be fair, they cost money, besides i'm addicted so would pick my mums laptop up

what ?

Destroy her laptop as well:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by ProNoob
Destroy her laptop as well:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

nah i'll get ground plus its not a nice thing to do
Reply 6
Original post by damoney
nah i'll get ground plus its not a nice thing to do

Block the internet then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by ProNoob
Block the internet then

Posted from TSR Mobile

i couldnt as its good for my chillout time. i could try and go on it less though :redface:
Get a job or do some volunteer work.
The internet has everything on it. Why would you sacrifice that for anything?

It's hardly a wasted youth when you have the power to do so much and live such a free life online.
Reply 10
Original post by Europhile
Get a job or do some volunteer work.

i've been doing work exp for a while, but its been a little boring tbh.

i need something 100 percent fulfilling.
Take some initiative and go out and explore the world. You can pick up a new hobby, such as hiking, tennis, painting, playing an instrument, or anything else that you find interesting. If you feel like you want to go out sometime then then visit one of London's grand museums, or a museum anywhere else depending on where you live. Attend the theatre, go swimming to keep fit, or go to your local library to browse their books, and while you're at it, have an occasional meal at a small cafe or your local pub.

The world is literally your oyster. You live in the UK - when it comes to opportunities here, they're a dime a dozen. If you have lots of free time, which you probably do since you spend your whole day on the internet, then why not explore parts of England? Just take a train ride out to somewhere new, and you'll have a whole new town or city to explore. If you're feeling particularly adventurous, then you could do something like volunteer for the Police as a Special Constable, or something along those lines. Or join the reserves if you're not doing anything, you'll travel to new places, you'll learn new skills, and you'll get paid for it. They're always recruiting.

You can do a lot for free, and even more on a budget. Try going out instead of going on the internet, it's a lot more satisfying.
(edited 9 years ago)
Are you mathematically minded? Learn programming and develop games in your spare time. It's what I did and I have never looked back. Once you get a community of followers, even if it small, you will feel amazing. It's certainly a long term goal but having something you work towards every day and having a dream in your life will transform it into something where you don't feel so wasted.
Delete FaceBook!
Reply 14
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
Take some initiative and go out and explore the world. You can pick up a new hobby, such as hiking, tennis, painting, playing an instrument, or anything else that you find interesting. If you feel like you want to go out sometime then then visit one of London's grand museums, or a museum anywhere else depending on where you live. Attend the theatre, go swimming to keep fit, or go to your local library to browse their books, and while you're at it, have an occasional meal at a small cafe or your local pub.

The world is literally your oyster. You live in the UK - when it comes to opportunities here, they're a dime a dozen. If you have lots of free time, which you probably do since you spend your whole day on the internet, then why not explore parts of England? Just take a train ride out to somewhere new, and you'll have a whole new town or city to explore. If you're feeling particularly adventurous, then you could do something like volunteer for the Police as a Special Constable, or something along those lines. Or join the reserves if you're not doing anything, you'll travel to new places, you'll learn new skills, and you'll get paid for it. They're always recruiting.

You can do a lot for free, and even more on a budget. Try going out instead of going on the internet, it's a lot more satisfying.

woah, this is actually a really good reply. i shall try your suggestions.
Original post by Keyhofi
Are you mathematically minded? Learn programming and develop games in your spare time. It's what I did and I have never looked back. Once you get a community of followers, even if it small, you will feel amazing. It's certainly a long term goal but having something you work towards every day and having a dream in your life will transform it into something where you don't feel so wasted.

i have to be honest - i am not. in fact my math teacher called me an idiot. but i can see what you mean though.
Reply 15
Original post by Keyhofi

Original post by get_in_the_robot
Delete FaceBook!

i probably will. once i experienced getting rejected on there i started to dislike the site.
Reply 16
Original post by damoney
all i seem to do is go on all the internet all day, doing nothing.

so does anyone have any ideas on how i could start fulfilling my youth?

You never fail to amuse me :tongue:
Hello!

I do Computer Science as one of my A-Levels, and we have a reputation of sitting behind a computer all day programming - it's true in a way, and I got to a point where I hated doing anything that relates to technology and I just wanted to get away from it all. (Facebook, Programming, Gaming, all of it)

What I did was that I gone for the outdoor and community approach: I help out at a cub scout group on a weekly basis and I love every bit of it; you really get your mind off school and home stresses and so much more. One of my highlights was doing a BBQ on an open campfire with the cubs - it was just so much fun.

Explore. Explore. Explore. That's all I can say to you really. :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by kkboyk
You never fail to amuse me :tongue:

i cant amuse you, i only joined around 30 mins ago. ive never been to this site before.
Original post by Toy Soldiers
Hello!

I do Computer Science as one of my A-Levels, and we have a reputation of sitting behind a computer all day programming - it's true in a way, and I got to a point where I hated doing anything that relates to technology and I just wanted to get away from it all. (Facebook, Programming, Gaming, all of it)

What I did was that I gone for the outdoor and community approach: I help out at a cub scout group on a weekly basis and I love every bit of it; you really get your mind off school and home stresses and so much more. One of my highlights was doing a BBQ on an open campfire with the cubs - it was just so much fun.

Explore. Explore. Explore. That's all I can say to you really. :smile:

yeah its good to get out into nature and connect with it. i've never had much luck with clubs, but fingers crossed, maybe i'll join one
go outside

Quick Reply

Latest