I feel bad that I have so much things and others have nothing Watch

Maria1812
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I feel really feel bad as I went on holidays to Thailand and I see how poor it is, some can’t afford a loaf of bread or new shoes and I have so much things I really like only best restaurants best hotels and I feel bad because my taste is so expensive and I look expensive things and I can’t control it I don’t buy expensive things but I want to when I am older and I should not because instead of buying 1 expensive pear of shoes I can feed so many people. I want to be good and be modest but I can’t control my desire for expensvie things I only like going to expensive places and stuff I no longer want to live like this I feel bad because here I am born into a loving family where we can afford to feed ourselves have a home and can afford to buy a new pair of shoes while some can’t afford new clothes,food,home some don’t have education.

I want to do the right thing by telling myself their is no need to have expensive things but my desire for them still is strong I want to do the right thing be a good person but no I am selfish self indulgent and I don’t think about others I want to be sefless but I am struggling with my morals I try to be modest I cover my legs and hands and not buy new clothing unless I need it for example new school shoes if my ones are falling apart but I don’t want to have the constant desire of owning expensive things. I love cashmere 100% cotton all good quality only not polyester and synthetics I currently do not buy expensive things but I am afraid that ones I get my hands on big money and start earning I will be changed bad and forget my humble beginings and not do the right thing I am worried about being blinded by money.
User1443542
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Maria1812)
I feel really feel bad as I went on holidays to Thailand and I see how poor it is, some can’t afford a loaf of bread or new shoes and I have so much things I really like only best restaurants best hotels and I feel bad because my taste is so expensive and I look expensive things and I can’t control it I don’t buy expensive things but I want to when I am older and I should not because instead of buying 1 expensive pear of shoes I can feed so many people. I want to be good and be modest but I can’t control my desire for expensvie things I only like going to expensive places and stuff I no longer want to live like this I feel bad because here I am born into a loving family where we can afford to feed ourselves have a home and can afford to buy a new pair of shoes while some can’t afford new clothes,food,home some don’t have education.

I want to do the right thing by telling myself their is no need to have expensive things but my desire for them still is strong I want to do the right thing be a good person but no I am selfish self indulgent and I don’t think about others I want to be sefless but I am struggling with my morals I try to be modest I cover my legs and hands and not buy new clothing unless I need it for example new school shoes if my ones are falling apart but I don’t want to have the constant desire of owning expensive things. I love cashmere 100% cotton all good quality only not polyester and synthetics I currently do not buy expensive things but I am afraid that ones I get my hands on big money and start earning I will be changed bad and forget my humble beginings and not do the right thing I am worried about being blinded by money.
I'm the same, and all I can say is that I reckon it's probably alright to spend loads on yourself, I mean it's human nature to want to look after ourselves in the best possible way, to have the best, etc. As long as we give to those in need at the same time, we're not forgetting our beginnings, are we? I've got a few charities close to my heart, where I know that even if I was rich, I'd be giving money to. Maybe you've got to find the right charity for you, or just learn to trust yourself with money by having to be responsible about it
generic_man
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So you don't really feel a sense of injustice that you have plenty and others have nothing, you feel a sense of guilt that you're doing nothing about it and posting on TSR to get some sympathy for your #FirstWorldProblem. White, middle-class women like you make me feel physically sick.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (36)
25.71%
No (104)
74.29%

Watched Threads