Pinky2
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am in a dilemma: I have the exam companion, which says for essays to get 4 AO1 and 8 AO2 points (evaluation) But my teachers says get 2 AO1 points and 4 AO2 points....
So far I have about 6 AO2 points for each topic, but I'm not sure anymore, is 6 enough??? HELP!

Thank you!
Pinky2
Rep:
?
It's not a specific ones, just a normal 8+16 marks essays: I just wonder if 4/6 evaluation points is enough information if written properly to get an A
smozsolution
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It should be if you do it well enough don't forget your AO3 points too!

I'm currently getting A*s in psychology and I normally do 2/3 AO1, 3/4 AO2 and 3/4 AO3 all in PEE paragraphs
Pinky2
Rep:
?
(Original post by smozsolution)
It should be if you do it well enough don't forget your AO3 points too!

I'm currently getting A*s in psychology and I normally do 2/3 AO1, 3/4 AO2 and 3/4 AO3 all in PEE paragraphs
What do you mean AO3? IDA kind evaluation? Normally I put 1/3 of them :O
But that's fine then: If I aim for like 6-7 overall evaluation paragraphs?
smozsolution
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Pinky2)
What do you mean AO3? IDA kind evaluation? Normally I put 1/3 of them :O
But that's fine then: If I aim for like 6-7 overall evaluation paragraphs?
Yeah, your AO3 is your IDA stuff. I did a big post on it here if you need any more help

If you do those well with your points explained properly and a good set of evaluation commentary you should be fine.

EDIT: just noticed you're an AS student, oops. Still, the MAID/IDA comments can still be used as AO2.
tgwktm
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
my teacher always said for a 12 mark question (4 AO1 8AO2) i sould have 2 good AO1 points and then 4 good AO2 points
Pinky2
Rep:
?
Yeah, your AO3 is your IDA stuff. I did a big post on it here if you need any more help

If you do those well with your points explained properly and a good set of evaluation commentary you should be fine.

EDIT: just noticed you're an AS student, oops. Still, the MAID/IDA comments can still be used as AO2.
I am an A2 student :O why did you think otherwise?

(Original post by tgwktm)
my teacher always said for a 12 mark question (4 AO1 8AO2) i sould have 2 good AO1 points and then 4 good AO2 points
I am writing 24 mark essays, so 8 AO1 16 AO2: which is why i'm a bit confused, but I think i'm allright now
smozsolution
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Pinky2)
I am an A2 student :O why did you think otherwise?
My bad, sorry! I don't quite know, I think I was tired when I read it through so my reasoning skills probably weren't all there. Sorry
Pinky2
Rep:
?
My bad, sorry! I don't quite know, I think I was tired when I read it through so my reasoning skills probably weren't all there. Sorry
Haha, it's alright ^^ Thanks a lot for your help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
14.69%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.59%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.9%
I need help with my personal statement (58)
40.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
25.17%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.1%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
6.99%

Watched Threads