Skittlemz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm taking the CIE AS History exam this May but am finding it very difficult to revise because the syllabus seems very vague. We're doing the American option but I don't really know where to go to get the information I need. My teachers aren't quite sure either since the exam changed last year and is still relatively new. I have the Hodder Education access to history books and some other books on the progressive era and other bits (Eric Foner etc).

Is anyone else on here doing CIE AS History? If so, how are you revising for it and is there anywhere I can find a little more detail on things I am supposed to know? (eg. the syllabus says 'The USA in the 1920s', 'developments in US Society' -- what aspect of life in the 1920s should I know about? What kind of developments in US society? Arts? Literature? Technological?)

I am predicted an A but not sure I have the correct information on what I need to know to maximize my chances.

Any help would be very very much appreciated!

Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (110)
35.71%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (42)
13.64%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (19)
6.17%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (32)
10.39%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (37)
12.01%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (36)
11.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
10.39%

Watched Threads