The Student Room Group

What should TSR ask Natalie Bennett?

Scroll to see replies

Do you have any plans to tackle obesity in order to reduce the economic strain on the NHS?
Original post by jambojim97
OMG wtf cares about what she studied at uni?!?!

I would really prefer that somebody dictating economic policy had some sort of formal economic training/education. Wouldn't you?
Reply 22
Original post by Amhorangerdgerriug
I would really prefer that somebody dictating economic policy had some sort of formal economic training/education. Wouldn't you?

You know our current chancellor studied history right?
Original post by Aph
You know our current chancellor studied history right?

And many would argue he could have done a better job. Do you support having economic policy decided by somebody who doesn't have an economic education?
Why does a party that claims to be environmentally friendly, a party that bangs on about how we are damaging the earth, send half a rainforest in paper and card through our letterboxes in the run up to an election begging us to vote for them?
Original post by meenu89
Who would you send to negotiate with IS?

Natalie Bennett. The plan is to bore them into submission.
You pride yourselves on being a scrupulously democratic party, yet you plan to abolish the monarchy without first consulting the people in spite of the fact that most of them want to retain it. How can you possibly justify this?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 27
And many would argue he could have done a better job. Do you support having economic policy decided by somebody who doesn't have an economic education?

And if the torys get in again he will continue to do that job.
anyway the point is that they have advisors to help them. I mean being PM you have to know so much that you'd need to spend 40+ years in full time education if you wanted to even begin to start to be qualified. It's about morals and beliefs at the end of the day. And then applying them to the infomation you are given. No one can be perfect.
Who is her dealer and what type of crack does she take?
Original post by Aph
And if the torys get in again he will continue to do that job.
anyway the point is that they have advisors to help them. I mean being PM you have to know so much that you'd need to spend 40+ years in full time education if you wanted to even begin to start to be qualified. It's about morals and beliefs at the end of the day. And then applying them to the infomation you are given. No one can be perfect.

Everything permeates from a strong economy, and there is nobody near the top of the Green Party who understands how it works. It's all utter lunacy.
Reply 30
Everything permeates from a strong economy, and there is nobody near the top of the Green Party who understands how it works. It's all utter lunacy.

The economy doesn't change everything. You put too much faith in money.
Original post by Aph
The economy doesn't change everything. You put too much faith in money.

It's got nothing to do with faith in money. It's all well and good having these lofty ambitions for public spending, but if we cannot afford it there is nothing we can do.
Original post by Josh_Dickson
realise someone above has already asked you about this but would be curious to see any proof that it plays a 'key role' ...

well...surely the fact most medical research if found promising undergoes animal trials to test its effectiveness is the key role? Very few treatments, unless already very similiar to something already done, are going to go to human trials first. Also it's a matter of scale, you might be able to test on 20 humans, but you could test in 100's of rats in this time, so .1% side effects (any which would be shared) can be picked up. You still need human trials of course, but yeah, they're pretty necessary. Although I suppose an alternative could be to forcefully experiment on criminals in jail for life having committed heinous crimes, but you'd just get a different set of moral arguments for that.

Anyhow Greens wise my main query (apart from are you trolling or seriously thinking you could govern the nation) would be why the strong opposition to nuclear as part of a move away from polluting sources of energy. Obviously there is the issue of nuclear waste but it's still a more minor one than fossil fuels causing climate change and in a few decades if reactors with alternative fuels (thorium types) show their promise (India is planning to make them its main source of power) they will have much less waste, waste which cannot make nuclear weapons and waste which loses its dangerous radioactivity in a few hundred years compared to thousands, I do not see why the greens could not back this, especially considering it is quite unrealistic for the nation to be powered completely on solar/wind/tidal unless you want unaffordable government subsidies or electricity to become the luxury of the upper classes while the rest of us use candles (I'd say oil lamps but...oil ain't environmentally friendly at all).
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 33
yay, promoting extremism among young people. Go tsr.
Given the current crisis with the "IS" militants in the Middle East, and the radicalisation of young people in the UK, what steps will the Green Party take within its first 6 months of power to address the immediate physical security of the United Kingdom and its residents?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 35
It's got nothing to do with faith in money. It's all well and good having these lofty ambitions for public spending, but if we cannot afford it there is nothing we can do.

Did you know that there is more debt in the world then money?
about $60 trillion of money in the world but about $200 trillion of debt? Some estimates have it as high as $250 trillion.
My point is that it seems obvious that no one can afford anything if there is so much debt. I mean it's a really scary thought isn't it? 3 to 4 times more debt in the world then money to pat it off, and the amount of debt is increasing more then the amount of money so I guess that no one is good with economics.
Do you agree with David Cameron's idea of allowing employers to have access to health records, including both mental and physical?
Reply 37
Do the Green party have enough fire in their bellies to start a revolution against the establishment?
Reply 38
Original post by Aph
Did you know that there is more debt in the world then money?
about $60 trillion of money in the world but about $200 trillion of debt? Some estimates have it as high as $250 trillion.
My point is that it seems obvious that no one can afford anything if there is so much debt. I mean it's a really scary thought isn't it? 3 to 4 times more debt in the world then money to pat it off, and the amount of debt is increasing more then the amount of money so I guess that no one is good with economics.

Focusing on debt is a very narrow approach to macroeconomics - there is far more to it than that, without even taking the micro into account.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending