Whose better, Rooney or Beckham?

Watch this thread
username47781
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Was having this conversation with a Man United fan at the weekend on who was better out of Rooney or Beckham? any thoughts?
BioStudentx
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
Was having this conversation with a Man United fan at the weekend on who was better out of Rooney or Beckham? any thoughts?
Club=Rooney
Country = Beckham
Lyrical Prodigy
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BioStudentx)
Club=Rooney
Country = Beckham
Nah don't think so.

Rooney is the better player overall tbh.
samba
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Rooney by a country mile. I criticise him a lot, but only because I think he could have been a great.
Maradiah
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Rooney, but Beckham is so much more handsome :eating:
scotttb
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Rooney is a better player. Beckham is (was) a better marketed player.
Emily.97
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Rooney.
BioStudentx
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
Nah don't think so.

Rooney is the better player overall tbh.
Rooney is completely useless in the world cup. Never contributes. He's a failure on the big stage.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Beckham in his prime was probably a little bit better.
Rk2k14
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Ones a striker and ones a winger.
difeo
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rk2k14)
Ones a striker and ones a winger.
the question wasn't where do they play
Rk2k14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
the question wasn't where do they play
Ones obviously going to have better stats as a striker and the other as a winger, hence their influence in their respected positions is going to be different. Who's better? Rooney was a better striker and Beckham was a better winger.
difeo
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Beckham was better at his peak, Rooney's been better over his career
difeo
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Ones obviously going to have better stats as a striker and the other as a winger, hence their influence in their respected positions is going to be different. Who's better? Rooney was a better striker and Beckham was a better winger.
Ones going to have better goal stats and one better assist stats. But you can make a decision on more than stats, and you can compare players in different positions
Rk2k14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
Ones going to have better goal stats and one better assist stats. But you can make a decision on more than stats, and you can compare players in different positions
Disagree with that.
Kash24411
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Rooney, no doubt about it
difeo
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Disagree with that.
I guess we'll never know if Hazard is better than Bobby Zamora
samba
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
Beckham in his prime was probably a little bit better.

(Original post by difeo)
Beckham was better at his peak, Rooney's been better over his career
Not a chance. Rooney at his absolute peak is electric. Beckham did a few good crosses and free kicks. Rooney just could and should have been better and reached a higher peak, but he's still a mile better than Beckham was.
username917703
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I agree with BioStudent mostly. At their peaks I'd have Beckham, between 1998-2002 he was superb. Plus I can't stand Rooney, he's been a complete failure for England 2004 aside. It will be a dark day for England when he gets Sir Bobby's goal record.
Zeetingman
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BioStudentx)
Rooney is completely useless in the world cup. Never contributes. He's a failure on the big stage.
Didn't he score against Italy?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (15)
17.65%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (21)
24.71%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (45)
52.94%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
4.71%

Watched Threads