WJEC AS English Literature Extract Drama: Oleanna

Watch
buttered
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
In Mamet's words of Carol: "I just want understanding", "I don't understand"

I am struggling with the planning and writing of the WJEC AS Literature. PLANNING is my main error, I can't mould the quotes to the questions and create bullets.

Has anyone got any tips that could help me with my exam technique, for I just stammer and find it such a struggle.
If anyone has any tips for the text of Oleanna by David Mamet as a whole, I would be also very grateful
yusraali
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey, I know this is a late reply. But what I suggest is in the exam you take 10-15 mins planning and 1 hour writing Oleanna. As far as planning, whatever the question is, for example if it's about the misuse of language, then create a spider diagram and read the extract- look where it says specific points where the characters misinterpret each other's language. For example, in act one where John says to Carol "Because I like you" could be linked to later on in the play where she reports him for sexual harassment. Make ao4 links and discuss how they are significant. Keep practicing past papers and if you want I can mark it for you. Hope this helped!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.53%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.23%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.72%

Watched Threads