The Student Room Group

Will any university accept me for BSc Chemistry without a Physics A level?

I study Biology, Chemistry as Maths, predicted AAA. :frown:
Reply 1
A lot of courses just ask for chemistry with additional sciences just being an added bonus 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Physics isn't necessary for a chemistry degree I believe
Original post by MsTyrell
I study Biology, Chemistry as Maths, predicted AAA. :frown:

The two posters before me are right. Pretty much everywhere that offers chemistry BSc in the UK requires only chemistry whilst some require chemistry plus one more science subject that includes mathematics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
so I should be okay even in physical chemistry? I have an A* in GCSE Physics?
(edited 9 years ago)

Is the course called physical chemistry or is it a module? If it's a course it should be ok as you have maths but I'd say look at their entry requirements on the university website. If it's a part of a chemistry degree then you should be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
It's a module :smile: I hope I'll be okay!
I can't see why this is even a dilemma. Virtually no university specifies the need to have a Physics A Level to study BSc Single Honours Chemistry.
I want to do a chemistry degree but i dont take maths...oops .
Original post by Alex347_
I can't see why this is even a dilemma. Virtually no university specifies the need to have a Physics A Level to study BSc Single Honours Chemistry.

OP is not you. What one person may not know about another may do - hence the question.

I can't see why you'd post in a thread without contributing to it. Read the rules - it's usually considered spam/trolling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ki Yung Na
OP is not you. What one person may not know about another may do - hence the question.

I can't see why you'd post in a thread without contributing to it. Read the rules - it's usually considered spam/trolling.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did contribute. I basically said he will probably be accepted, because almost no university requires a Physics A Level for Single Honours Chemistry. If you think that is spam or trolling, you are one sensitive individual.

You will likely be made to do a physics catch-up module in first year that includes the important bits. Having physics A-level isn't really going to define your physical chemistry skills for that reason.
It's a module :smile: I hope I'll be okay!

Work well and you'll be fine - good luck!

Original post by SubwayLover1
I want to do a chemistry degree but i dont take maths...oops .

You still can - plenty universities accept students without maths.

Original post by Alex347_
I did contribute. I basically said he will probably be accepted, because almost no university requires a Physics A Level for Single Honours Chemistry. If you think that is spam or trolling, you are one sensitive individual.

You're right - I without realising overlooked your contribution because of the snide comment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ki Yung Na
Work well and you'll be fine - good luck!

You still can - plenty universities accept students without maths.

You're right - I without realising overlooked your contribution because of the snide comment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending