Should I do an All Nighter? Watch

GodalmingStudier
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Ive got a ton of revision/ coursework and not enough time. Should i do an all night work session or are they pointless? If there is anyone who done it can you leave tips please. )))

Please help i'm confused.
Thanks in advanced
vela1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by GodalmingStudier)
Ive got a ton of revision/ coursework and not enough time. Should i do an all night work session or are they pointless? If there is anyone who done it can you leave tips please. )))

Thanks in advanced
For coursework its okay. For revision it isn't so good because your brain slowly becomes potato where it can't process new information.
Viridiana
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I prefer not to work this way as you are sleepy and not productive the next day... And you mess up your sleep pattern for a few days.
sr234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Thanks in advanced
Did a couple of all nighters at GCSE/AS and did ok, I have a tendency to leave everything to the last minute!
I found them useful especially if it was coursework that needed to be handed in the next day, for revision I suggest getting atleast 3/4 hours sleep otherwise you'll be too tired the next day!
GodalmingStudier
Rep:
?
(Original post by sr234)
Did a couple of all nighters at GCSE/AS and did ok, I have a tendency to leave everything to the last minute!
I found them useful especially if it was coursework that needed to be handed in the next day, for revision I suggest getting atleast 3/4 hours sleep otherwise you'll be too tired the next day!

Thankyou!! Do you have any tips to keep yourself going?
GodalmingStudier
Rep:
?
(Original post by vela1)
For coursework its okay. For revision it isn't so good because your brain slowly becomes potato where it can't process new information.
I sure as hell don't want to be a potato so ill stick to more coursework then revision
sr234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thankyou!! Do you have any tips to keep yourself going?
No prob
Have tea (or coffee if you prefer) to wake you up. I wouldn't recommend red bull or energy drinks, not healthy at all! If you have a lot to do and you're feeling really tired I'd suggest having a shower to wake you up.
You'll be able to pull of an all nighter if you're really motivated (e.g if you have an exam the next day)
German123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have done it before and it was al-right . If you feel like you need to then go ahead because like you said exams are drawing near.
GodalmingStudier
Rep:
?
(Original post by sr234)
No prob
Have tea (or coffee if you prefer) to wake you up. I wouldn't recommend red bull or energy drinks, not healthy at all! If you have a lot to do and you're feeling really tired I'd suggest having a shower to wake you up.
You'll be able to pull of an all nighter if you're really motivated (e.g if you have an exam the next day)
Thankyou so much!!!
GodalmingStudier
Rep:
?
(Original post by German123)
I have done it before and it was al-right . If you feel like you need to then go ahead because like you said exams are drawing near.
How do you get though it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
German123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How do you get though it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was stressful but i was able to cope.

The reason why i did an all nighter to begin with was because, i felt that i could not concentrate during the day(distractions etc)

if you are determined and use your time during your al-nighter affectively you should be fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (64)
35.75%
I really love the subject (46)
25.7%
I don't know what else to do (22)
12.29%
I can't get a job (15)
8.38%
My parents want me to (4)
2.23%