TS21
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I need tips for all of the following subjects in order to achieve an A* or an A in all of them
Business (WJEC)
Spanish, Reading and Listening (AQA)
R.E. (EDEXCEL)
History- Germany and Crime and Punishment (OCR)
English Language (IGCSE)
English Literature (WJEC) Of mice and men, Heroes and an inspector Calls
Triple Biology, Chemistry and Physics (AQA)
Mathematics (EDEXCEL)
Even if you are not doing the same exam board, any tips for the subject itself would be greatly appreciated.
BobbiBlue
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't have any tips, but just to let you know I am doing French (AQA), English Literature (WJEC) Studying the same texts as you this year and triple science and maths next year.

Good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Abeh
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TS21)
I need tips for all of the following subjects in order to achieve an A* or an A in all of them
Business (WJEC)
Spanish, Reading and Listening (AQA)
R.E. (EDEXCEL)
History- Germany and Crime and Punishment (OCR)
English Language (IGCSE)
English Literature (WJEC) Of mice and men, Heroes and an inspector Calls
Triple Biology, Chemistry and Physics (AQA)
Mathematics (EDEXCEL)
Just read revision guides, learn the content thoroughly, and practice. I reckon that's all there is to it! Just get down to work, if you don't understand a topic try to find video tutorials, or ask a friend to explain it to you. You just need to understand everything, and have the skills to write your knowledge into answers and interpret information.

Something specific to Spanish though, find a Spanish YouTube channel or band, then watch their videos and try to understand what they're saying. This could help in the listening section.
olaf-the-snowman
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do loads of practice papers, all of the ones you can find for each subject. This helps you learn better from what you got wrong rather than just memorising facts. For history, make flashcards with the facts on them. Another tip for spanish- find a film you like and know the story of and switch the language to spanish. This is usually easier to do with animated ones.
Good luck!
its_rona
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hegartymaths.com was basically my only revision for maths - they're incredibly helpful!
Alex-Collins
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
When it comes to Edexcel Maths, always look on websites such as YouTube for tips from people including: HegartyMaths, ExamSolutions and Achieve Maths. They often go through past papers, both challenging and not, in order to cater to the varied audience. Do past papers as often as possible, as Maths is incredibly important.

AQA Triple is a bit more difficult, especially as myGCSEscience has removed his additional and further videos - however you've still got his P1, B1 and C1 videos to work with. If you choose to watch his videos, watch them on 1.25x or 1.5x speed; you'll still hear everything clearly, but the video will end sooner. Moreoever, there are websites out there that can help: BBC Bitesize and DocBrown to name some examples. Just revise and do past papers.

Religious Studies is a piece of cake, simply learn some religious ideas and have a basic understanding of the moral views surrounding the topics which you are learning.

I hope I helped. If you've got any more questions which pertain to Science, Maths or even any other subjects, please ask away.
Mahel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Abeh)
Just read revision guides, learn the content thoroughly, and practice. I reckon that's all there is to it! Just get down to work, if you don't understand a topic try to find video tutorials, or ask a friend to explain it to you. You just need to understand everything, and have the skills to write your knowledge into answers and interpret information.

Something specific to Spanish though, find a Spanish YouTube channel or band, then watch their videos and try to understand what they're saying. This could help in the listening section.
enrique iglesias songs are useful
Big Lee
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
When doing Business GCSE, answer the bigger mark questions first to secure the marks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (47)
17.28%
No one else does (86)
31.62%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.29%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (92)
33.82%
We don't use a video platform (6)
2.21%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.57%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.21%

Watched Threads