The Student Room Group

THE OFFICIAL iGCSE THREAD 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by erinls2
even though it says to write 130-140 words?

Yeah. That's the minimum. They appreciate that you might need more words to show off what you can do.
why is the dehydration of butanol butane
How did everyone find the Edexcel English Literature Drama and Prose yesterday?
Original post by desertlover
Hello, for that questions I just put that the weaker base would not be able to accept a lot/ all the protons from an acid.At first i didn't read the question which specified in terms of proton transfer, so i put stuff which was irrelevant at the beginning of my answer then had to squeeze in the actual answer at the end. Do you think I'll still get marks for it??

Don't know but I think you had to give an explanation of a reaction. I think you are asking about a different but similar question that asked what a weak base was.... The stronger base question required an experiment.

For the reversible reaction question I put that it was Endothermic coz there was a high yield in cold conditions??? It takes energy away from the water right to form the products - it doesn't release heat.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by amalick1029
It was so hard that my hands started shaking and I nearly cried. And I'm actually quite good at chemistry (does that sound big headed)

Doing that made me look forward to Physics on Wed, even though it's on my birthday.

Yeah, I thought I was good alright at chemistry until the exam
Is your physics cie igcse aswell cos ive got physics on wed with that one
How did we all find the edexcel igcse geography paper today
It was a slightly different format in the fieldwork part which was strange and annoying as you couldn't pick up easy marks for some Q's that used to come up all the time in past papers:angry:
Original post by Perol
what did u find the hardest

Alcohols and the hydrocarbon bit. Teacher was so useless, every time we asked her about alcohold and carboxylic acids etc., she'd give us a sheet without teaching it. "Don't even bother doing it, you won't need it":angry:bruh she ruined our lives, we all depend on chem!!!
Original post by wazza98
Yeah, I thought I was good alright at chemistry until the exam
Is your physics cie igcse aswell cos ive got physics on wed with that one

Yeah all sciences. Still scared for physics
Yeah all sciences. Still scared for physics

Definitely, the worry for me is that I find chemistry easier than physics so I don't know how its going to go
Happy birthday for tomorrow btw
Reply 389
Original post by wazza98
How did we all find the edexcel igcse geography paper today
It was a slightly different format in the fieldwork part which was strange and annoying as you couldn't pick up easy marks for some Q's that used to come up all the time in past papers:angry:

i hated it far too much, the fieldwork really messed with me, what do you think grade boundaries are gunna be like?
It was so hard that my hands started shaking and I nearly cried. And I'm actually quite good at chemistry (does that sound big headed)

Doing that made me look forward to Physics on Wed, even though it's on my birthday.

Same here!! I kept getting A* from my tests and more than 80 percent on every past paper, but this exam was sooo hard!! Ugh! So depressed now, i really needed high grades in chemistry :frown:
Original post by fizz12
i hated it far too much, the fieldwork really messed with me, what do you think grade boundaries are gunna be like?

Oh god the fieldwork section really did mess me up and i was terrible at diagrams. I think the highlight of this exam however was in response to "what is a biome" i written a type of paracetamol. lmao
Reply 392
Original post by EldarKhara
Oh god the fieldwork section really did mess me up and i was terrible at diagrams. I think the highlight of this exam however was in response to "what is a biome" i written a type of paracetamol. lmao

never been more un prepared in my life for an exam
Hi! Has anyone here done CIE Coordinated Science? How did it go? I found it a bit difficult.
What did everyone think of the cie igcse physics exam today?
Original post by ellie98
I'm doing the CIE English Language exam!
It's my first exam and I'm super nervous about it because no matter how well I think I do in the exam hall I never get very good results :s-smilie:
Luckily 50% of our grade is coursework, which I have got pretty much full marks in so hopefully that will be enough to get be an A*
Any tips for the exam?
I'd say my worst bits were question 1 & 3
I never say what's on the mark scheme :biggrin:

How did you find it? Idk if you're in the same time zone but did you have a passage about a community meeting about some land?😒😒😒☀️☀️
Reply 396
Original post by wazza98
What did everyone think of the cie igcse physics exam today?

hmmm http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3345255&p=56033525#post56033525
Original post by emilygrace99
ahh fab seems like not many people do igcses!! thanks for making this x

What igcse's do you do?
I do design and technology, business, English lit, English Lang and french
They're all the CIE exam board x
Original post by Natalia1015
Hi! Has anyone here done CIE Coordinated Science? How did it go? I found it a bit difficult.

I thought the multiple choice was fine but the longer paper was really hard...:frown:
Original post by bobby222
I thought the multiple choice was fine but the longer paper was really hard...:frown:

Just like me! Which variant did you do? I did paper 11 and 31.

Quick Reply

Latest