igcse english lanaguage cie(0522)

Watch this thread
Rehana23
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi guys im new to the student room.Please can somebody help me out.I am sitting the core cie english lanaguage igcse (0522) on May 5th 2015 .The course contained 40% coursework which i s out of 50 marks i got 40/50please can somebody tellme what grade this is.20%is speaking and listening and my teachers says they are not allowed to tell us that mark for some odd reason.Please can anyone tell me what marks i would need in the exam paper which is out of 50 marks to get a c and also what i would need to get in speaking and listening which is 20% this is out of 30.All together 130 marks and i know that definitely i a
have got 40 for my coursework
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rehana23)
Hi guys im new to the student room.Please can somebody help me out.I am sitting the core cie english lanaguage igcse (0522) on May 5th 2015 .The course contained 40% coursework which i s out of 50 marks i got 40/50please can somebody tellme what grade this is.20%is speaking and listening and my teachers says they are not allowed to tell us that mark for some odd reason.Please can anyone tell me what marks i would need in the exam paper which is out of 50 marks to get a c and also what i would need to get in speaking and listening which is 20% this is out of 30.All together 130 marks and i know that definitely i a
Heya, I'm going to put this in the English forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=82
Rehana23
Rep:
thank you
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
Heya, I'm going to put this in the English forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=82
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rehana23)
I am sitting the core cie english lanaguage igcse (0522) on May 5th 2015 .The course contained 40% coursework which i s out of 50 marks i got 40/50please can somebody tellme what grade this is.20%is speaking and listening and my teachers says they are not allowed to tell us that mark for some odd reason.Please can anyone tell me what marks i would need in the exam paper which is out of 50 marks to get a c and also what i would need to get in speaking and listening which is 20% this is out of 30.All together 130 marks and i know that definitely i a
No one knows these answers for sure as the grade boundaries change every exan season. Also, whilst your teacher has marked your coursework as 40/50 it may well still have to be internally moderated and it will have to be externally moderated and both of these could alter the mark.

For last November, 40/50 in the written coursework would have been a B. To work out the final grade, the speaking and listening mark is scaled down to out of 25, meaning the whole GCSE is out of 125. You needed about 85 marks overall to get a B.
Rehana23
Rep:
(Original post by Compost)
No one knows these answers for sure as the grade boundaries change every exan season. Also, whilst your teacher has marked your coursework as 40/50 it may well still have to be internally moderated and it will have to be externally moderated and both of these could alter the mark.

For last November, 40/50 in the written coursework would have been a B. To work out the final grade, the speaking and listening mark is scaled down to out of 25, meaning the whole GCSE is out of 125. You needed about 85 marks overall to get a B.
Hi Thank you for the info .As i am sitting the core paper overall i can only get a c grade anyway only can get higher than a c in my coursework and speaking and listening.Would you know for the november exam thats been what marks were needed in coursework,spekaing and listening or overall to get a c
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Sociology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (20)
24.1%
The paper was reasonable (37)
44.58%
Not feeling great about that exam... (18)
21.69%
It was TERRIBLE (8)
9.64%

Watched Threads