anyone tired of the existing toefl websites :@ , click to vote !!! Watch

xtine007
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello this goes out to all foreign students seeking to study in the US or Uk , pls click on the link below to vote for an improved/cheaper online TOEFL test website.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1skR...ewform?c=0&w=1
xtine007
Rep:
?
hiya, my advise to you is to weigh out your strengths and weaknesses, doing 4 a levels might be quite demanding and considering the fact that you want to apply to the top schools in the US, you would be expected to do outstandingly well, check the admission requirements of your proposed university, before deciding on whether to take on a 4th Alevel subject, good luck all the same.

However i am conducting a mini quiz for students interested in studying in the US or UK, it is about the efficiency of college (TOEFL) test preparatory websites . (ps TOEFL is a prerequisite english language test required by most US & UK colleges, it will likely come in handy for you.

kindly assist in filling it out, tanks in advance

(Original post by jakepds)
Okay, so I'm in year 11 and my aim is to go to Harvard, Princeton, MIT, Chicago etc etc. to study economics.
At my school it is normal for most people to do 3 A Levels, however some would be able to do 4. At the moment I am taking Maths, Physics and Economics.
Would it be useful if I had Geography as well because I have heard that this is seen as an A Level that widens your knowledge and is also one of the easier ones out there (I know it will still be hard).
Doing a 4th would mean that I couldn't do the EPQ that is offered to people that don't do a 4th.
Any help on helping me to choose would be great. Thanks!
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by xtine007)
hiya, my advise to you is to weigh out your strengths and weaknesses, doing 4 a levels might be quite demanding and considering the fact that you want to apply to the top schools in the US, you would be expected to do outstandingly well, check the admission requirements of your proposed university, before deciding on whether to take on a 4th Alevel subject, good luck all the same.

However i am conducting a mini quiz for students interested in studying in the US or UK, it is about the efficiency of college (TOEFL) test preparatory websites . (ps TOEFL is a prerequisite english language test required by most US & UK colleges, it will likely come in handy for you.

kindly assist in filling it out, tanks in advance

This TOEFL test, will it be offered through school or will I have to do it as something outside of school? Because I haven't heard of it and I'm surprised about having to do it for UK university.
xtine007
Rep:
?
well basically Toefl test is an admission's requirement for foreign students wishing to study in the US or UK, i.e non-american citizens wishing to study in the US, also it is offered at specific test centres, it may or may not apply to you depending on your proficiency in English Language, however pls help spread the word around, cheers, best wishes xx

(Original post by jakepds)
This TOEFL test, will it be offered through school or will I have to do it as something outside of school? Because I haven't heard of it and I'm surprised about having to do it for UK university.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (139)
17.59%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9.37%
No I am happy with my course choice (464)
58.73%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (113)
14.3%

Watched Threads