r-t
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I haven't even started issues and debates yet. Can anyone who is currently studying it or has studied it tell me how difficult and time consuming it is Please? I got an A for AS both exams and would like to get an A for both exams this year so how Long will it take to study this chapter in detail. I have done the key issues only for AS and A2 as a start only for the beginning of issues and debates so how long will it take me to finish everything else. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
umaimah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I study Issues & Debates and i'll tell you now it's very time consuming!! alongside with Clinical Psychology there is way more to remember than AS. Luckily the stuff you learn in A2 is basically AS but just in more detail, you are still going over the content as you'll need it to apply all your knowledge from both AS&A2 to answer questions in the exam. You are ahead of the game which is good, so are what are you learning right now, what have you completed so far?
r-t
Rep:
?
(Original post by umaimah)
I study Issues & Debates and i'll tell you now it's very time consuming!! alongside with Clinical Psychology there is way more to remember than AS. Luckily the stuff you learn in A2 is basically AS but just in more detail, you are still going over the content as you'll need it to apply all your knowledge from both AS&A2 to answer questions in the exam. You are ahead of the game which is good, so are what are you learning right now, what have you completed so far?
Yeh reading through the A2 edexcel textbook I presumed it would be quite time consuming. I have done criminal and child for unit 3 and got an A in my mock and I have done clinical and got an A in a sort of mini class test. My teacher is starting issues and debates after the easter holidays but I usually just study at my own pace. I still remember the key studies in AS luckily. I've looked at past papers and the sort of questions they ask seems very difficult but I suppose they would do if I haven't studied it. I will probably start issues and debates myself on Monday. What would you say would be the best revision method for this like does it require a different technique or shall I just make notes on Microsoft word like I'm currently doing? Are many of the past paper questions recycled or is it something new every time. If I was to revise everyday how long would you think it would take to finish issues and debates because I want time to go over everything before the exam. I know this differs with the individual but could you give me a rough time frame? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
umaimah
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by r-t)
Yeh reading through the A2 edexcel textbook I presumed it would be quite time consuming. I have done criminal and child for unit 3 and got an A in my mock and I have done clinical and got an A in a sort of mini class test. My teacher is starting issues and debates after the easter holidays but I usually just study at my own pace. I still remember the key studies in AS luckily. I've looked at past papers and the sort of questions they ask seems very difficult but I suppose they would do if I haven't studied it. I will probably start issues and debates myself on Monday. What would you say would be the best revision method for this like does it require a different technique or shall I just make notes on Microsoft word like I'm currently doing? Are many of the past paper questions recycled or is it something new every time. If I was to revise everyday how long would you think it would take to finish issues and debates because I want time to go over everything before the exam. I know this differs with the individual but could you give me a rough time frame? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
From your mocks/tests the grades your getting is a good start so I don't see a problem with you struggling for issues&debates. If your learning from a textbook i'd say start from the beginning this way your not picking out random studies/theories of the topic this will probably confuse you as some parts of this you will need to go over again to get it in your head. Luckily the beginning of the topic is literally things we already know from AS such as Milgram's study, human and animal ethics, key issues etc. This way you can refresh your mind from last years knowledge as you'll need to balance that alongside the new specification you will learn. If your teacher is going to teach you the content i'd say start at a small pace by teaching yourself, as with a teacher's explaination you may understand the topic more than by reading it yourself. What's good is that this way you are able to familiarise yourself with the knowledge and can ask questions straight away cos you would have already known what it's about! Urmm in terms of past papers, they tend to ask questions upon designing your own study (not my fave) and contributions within society (you'll learn about this soon) these tend to come up every year! If you revise everyday i'd say 4-5 weeks, don't forget you actually need to memorise this stuff which is hard cos there is soo much, but it's good you're thinking early.

Hope this helps
r-t
Rep:
?
From your mocks/tests the grades your getting is a good start so I don't see a problem with you struggling for issues&debates. If your learning from a textbook i'd say start from the beginning this way your not picking out random studies/theories of the topic this will probably confuse you as some parts of this you will need to go over again to get it in your head. Luckily the beginning of the topic is literally things we already know from AS such as Milgram's study, human and animal ethics, key issues etc. This way you can refresh your mind from last years knowledge as you'll need to balance that alongside the new specification you will learn. If your teacher is going to teach you the content i'd say start at a small pace by teaching yourself, as with a teacher's explaination you may understand the topic more than by reading it yourself. What's good is that this way you are able to familiarise yourself with the knowledge and can ask questions straight away cos you would have already known what it's about! Urmm in terms of past papers, they tend to ask questions upon designing your own study (not my fave) and contributions within society (you'll learn about this soon) these tend to come up every year! If you revise everyday i'd say 4-5 weeks, don't forget you actually need to memorise this stuff which is hard cos there is soo much, but it's good you're thinking early.

Hope this helps
Yeh I'll probably go by the order of the textbook as it makes things easier but usually my teacher teaches in a different order but I don't know if she'll do it for issues and debates. I don't like design your own study question either when they came up last year because I prefer learning about the theory instead. Hopefully I can be done by late May if I stick to revising haha. Your responses have been very detailed and helpful thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
umaimah
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by r-t)
Yeh I'll probably go by the order of the textbook as it makes things easier but usually my teacher teaches in a different order but I don't know if she'll do it for issues and debates. I don't like design your own study question either when they came up last year because I prefer learning about the theory instead. Hopefully I can be done by late May if I stick to revising haha. Your responses have been very detailed and helpful thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah that's a good idea I would suggest ordering a textbook! I know same, designing your own study is the most difficult for me, and yeah way prefer studies and theories etc. I'm sure you'll be done by then and i'm glad that I can help, best of luck with exams:-)
r-t
Rep:
?
Yeah that's a good idea I would suggest ordering a textbook! I know same, designing your own study is the most difficult for me, and yeah way prefer studies and theories etc. I'm sure you'll be done by then and i'm glad that I can help, best of luck with exams:-)
I bought the book near the beginning of the year but thanks for the suggestion. Thanks and good luck for any uni exams you may have

Posted from TSR Mobile
umaimah
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by r-t)
I bought the book near the beginning of the year but thanks for the suggestion. Thanks and good luck for any uni exams you may have

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah that's even better then and no problem! and Thank you
Rubik-Cube
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What do you guys think is going to come up this year?
I can't make a guess yet as I haven't looked at any past papers yet.
r-t
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rubik-Cube)
What do you guys think is going to come up this year?
I can't make a guess yet as I haven't looked at any past papers yet.
I think the 12 mark question on the unit 3 paper if you studied the child approach will be the evolutionary basis of attachment description and evaluation. I'm just going to try and revise for everything haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
umaimah
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I can't even make a prediction just revise everything ahaha
r-t
Rep:
?
I can't even make a prediction just revise everything ahaha
Yeh easy as said than done haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (17)
31.48%
No (37)
68.52%

Watched Threads