Need to choose an insurance soon, University of Portsmouth or University of Swansea?

Watch
Poll: Which university do you prefer?
University of Swansea (3)
100%
University of Portsmouth (0)
0%
Bustamove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have an offer from both universities for Bsc Economics and I can't decide which university to choose.

The offer for economics is BBC at university of portsmouth and the offer from swansea university is ABB (but I think they might.. well hopefully they might take me in anyway even if i get a BBB as the actual entry requirements on their website says ABB - BBB)

I was going to insure swansea after seeing the construction of the bay campus which will be ready by the time I go to university and also because it's so close to the beach, but after doing abit of research and looking into a few old threads from TSR and a few articles online, apparently the university is quite run down and it's facilities are a little low and now I'm a little hesitant for both universities.... Apparently there are alot of "chavs" in swansea and portsmouth...

keeping in mind that this is a insurance choice, I am also considering Portsmouth as it has lower grade requirements so it would be more sensible to put down Portsmouth as my insurance, but I have never been to the university. I don't think I want to go Portsmouth even if I do end up going due to it's low teaching and facilities standards, it's also ranked quite low. I just put Portsmouth down for the sake of filling up the 5 university options

If I just insure Portsmouth for the sake of insuring it, and then turns out that I want to turn it down and go into clearing instead (thinking about the worst case scenario here), I would have to convince them to release my application which will take time, and as we all know, time is of the essence during clearing and me doing this will just waste mine and the university's time.

But at the same time, if I insure swansea, I'm afraid that I might miss the offer if I do really badly.. (thinking about worst case scenario here)

I am currently on a gap year and was abroad for a couple of months so I missed my applicant days for both universities, so I'd like to know your experiences and thoughts on both of these towns and universities.

I'm struggling to decide.. help???
Bustamove
Rep:
?
bump
Swansea University
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Bustamove)
I have an offer from both universities for Bsc Economics and I can't decide which university to choose.

The offer for economics is BBC at university of portsmouth and the offer from swansea university is ABB (but I think they might.. well hopefully they might take me in anyway even if i get a BBB as the actual entry requirements on their website says ABB - BBB)

I was going to insure swansea after seeing the construction of the bay campus which will be ready by the time I go to university and also because it's so close to the beach, but after doing abit of research and looking into a few old threads from TSR and a few articles online, apparently the university is quite run down and it's facilities are a little low and now I'm a little hesitant for both universities.... Apparently there are alot of "chavs" in swansea and portsmouth...

keeping in mind that this is a insurance choice, I am also considering Portsmouth as it has lower grade requirements so it would be more sensible to put down Portsmouth as my insurance, but I have never been to the university. I don't think I want to go Portsmouth even if I do end up going due to it's low teaching and facilities standards, it's also ranked quite low. I just put Portsmouth down for the sake of filling up the 5 university options

If I just insure Portsmouth for the sake of insuring it, and then turns out that I want to turn it down and go into clearing instead (thinking about the worst case scenario here), I would have to convince them to release my application which will take time, and as we all know, time is of the essence during clearing and me doing this will just waste mine and the university's time.

But at the same time, if I insure swansea, I'm afraid that I might miss the offer if I do really badly.. (thinking about worst case scenario here)

I am currently on a gap year and was abroad for a couple of months so I missed my applicant days for both universities, so I'd like to know your experiences and thoughts on both of these towns and universities.

I'm struggling to decide.. help???
Hi Bustamove, I'm pleased to hear that you are considering Swansea University as your insurance choice. Perhaps the Economics admissions team would be able to assist you and help you finalise your decision. It may be worth sending them an email and I'm sure they will be happy to help you and provide some further advise on their entry requirements for the Economics course. Their email address is [email protected]

Do you have any other questions we can help with?
Bustamove
Rep:
?
(Original post by Swansea University)
Hi Bustamove, I'm pleased to hear that you are considering Swansea University as your insurance choice. Perhaps the Economics admissions team would be able to assist you and help you finalise your decision. It may be worth sending them an email and I'm sure they will be happy to help you and provide some further advise on their entry requirements for the Economics course. Their email address is [email protected]

Do you have any other questions we can help with?
Thanks, it took me a while to do this to way out the pros and cons of both unis, but I've decided to put Swansea as my insurance
Swansea University
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Bustamove)
Thanks, it took me a while to do this to way out the pros and cons of both unis, but I've decided to put Swansea as my insurance
That's great. I'm pleased to hear you've put Swansea as your insurance choice. Please let me know if you have any other questions!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
4.9%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (16)
15.69%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (19)
18.63%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (11)
10.78%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (33)
32.35%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (18)
17.65%

Watched Threads