The Student Room Group

Asda Magic Assessment.

Anyone been invited or attended this? Just looking for a heads up.
Hey,

I attended one of these last year. It's mostly a group interview, and depending on your store the day may be structured differently.

There will be a group of you and you will complete a starter activity booklet, alongside doing some ice breakers. Two or three people will be observing you and marking you down as you go. Basically, it's all about being a team player. Make sure you make the effort to talk to other people, getting involved but don't be overbearing. After a couple of small exercises, you'll be given a task. Some people have said that this could be something like building a paper bridge and balancing a car on it, or a tower out of spaghetti and marshmallows. For me, we were given a product and had to make up an ad-campaign, and present this to the members of staff to try and sell them the product. Remember to give ideas but not to take over. After this, we were taken to the shop floor and had a go at doing something on the shelves (think it was called top stocking or something? I'm not sure, but it's where you fill in the gaps or push products to the front of the shelf from the back). We were also given a product and asked to find it in the store. After, we were asked a few questions about the store. Finally, I had an individual interview with a member of staff. It was just simple questions like 'when have you worked in a team'. You might not have an interview, some stores call you up after and invite you back in for the individual interview.

Good luck, and make sure you smile and seem friendly!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending