Level 3 BTEC Hydraulics & Pneumatics Assignment help

Watch
tomedwards_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Could someone please check my answers on these questions, mainly question 4a&b and 5a&b, there the ones I have struggled with. Here are the questions and I will post a scan of my answers:

1). The input and output pistons of a hydraulic jack are respectively 2cm and 6cm in diameter. A lever with a mechanical advantage of 4 is used to apply force to the input piston. How much mass can the jack lift if a force of 160N is applied to the lever and efficiency is 90%?

2) Fig 1 shows a hydraulically operated garage ramp. The mass of the movable section is 600kg and the mass of the car on it is 1240kg. The piston in the ramp has a diameter of 300mm. What is the minimum hydraulic pressure needed to raise the car? Give your answer in Pascals, bar and psi.

3) A container has a volume of 0.20m³ is filled with compressed air at a gauge pressure of 700kPa and a temperature of 50°C. If the atmospheric pressure is 101kPa, determine the gauge pressure in the container when the air cools to 15°C. Neglect any change in dimension of the container as a result of the temperature change.

4) (a) A compressor has a rated output of 3m³min free air delivery at n.t.p. What will be the output at an absolute pressure of 700kPa and 20oC?

(b) A compressor is required to deliver 0.2m³min of compressed air at an absolute pressure of 500kPa and temperature 25°C. What compressor output is required in terms of free air at n.t.p.

5) (a) Determine the power required to pump oil at a pressure of 7MPa with a speed of 3.5ms in a 30mm diameter pipe.

(b) Determine the flow velocity in a pipe 25mm in diameter when the delivery pressure is 6MPa and the power output is 10kW.
ImageImage
tomedwards_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
This is the website where I got the equation for Q4 on, I think I have applied it to the right context?
Attached files
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (71)
23.2%
Excited but a bit nervous (135)
44.12%
Not bothered either way (37)
12.09%
I'm really nervous (63)
20.59%

Watched Threads