The Student Room Group

Conditions of offer

If a university asks for 320 UCAS points rather than specify grades does that mean that I can get any grades as long as they equal to 320 points. The uni wants ABB a which is equal to 320 but if I was to get AAC which are my predicted they also equal 320 so will this be ok or does it have to be ABB?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by r-t
If a university asks for 320 UCAS points rather than specify grades does that mean that I can get any grades as long as they equal to 320 points. The uni wants ABB a which is equal to 320 but if I was to get AAC which are my predicted they also equal 320 so will this be ok or does it have to be ABB?

Posted from TSR Mobile

An offer of 320 points is 320 points in any combination.

If you get an offer of ABB but achieve AAC then you might be accepted but you might not. If enough applicants have achieved their offers to fill the course then you will be rejected. If there are places available after taking into account those who have met all their conditions, then the uni will look at those such as yourself who have just failed to do so.
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
An offer of 320 points is 320 points in any combination.

If you get an offer of ABB but achieve AAC then you might be accepted but you might not. If enough applicants have achieved their offers to fill the course then you will be rejected. If there are places available after taking into account those who have met all their conditions, then the uni will look at those such as yourself who have just failed to do so.

Okay I thought AAC would be fine because they accepted me anyway. I got my offer through extra though so this means the uni has spaces so am I more likely to be accepted?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by r-t
Okay I thought AAC would be fine because they accepted me anyway. I got my offer through extra though so this means the uni has spaces so am I more likely to be accepted?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They haven't 'accepted' you, they have made you an offer of ABB in the full knowledge that your predicted grades are AAC. The fact that the course was in Extra is a helpful sign, but doesn't make it a certainty. Your best option is to get your head down, ignore distractions such as TSR and make sure you get at least ABB.
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
They haven't 'accepted' you, they have made you an offer of ABB in the full knowledge that your predicted grades are AAC. The fact that the course was in Extra is a helpful sign, but doesn't make it a certainty. Your best option is to get your head down, ignore distractions such as TSR and make sure you get at least ABB.

Ok, easy said than done. I'll try thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending