My french essay notes - AS AQA Watch

Patrick2810
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am currently doing AQA AS french and have made notes that I hope cover every essay question that can be asked for units 1 and 3 - and I am ignoring units 2 and 4 as I don't have much to say about most of the topics in them.

At least 1 of the 3 essay questions will be from unit 1 or 3.

Note: A lot of the content has been taken from french websites and all of it has been checked by french natives so should be mostly correct

Can you advise about:

- Whether or not they actually cover everything that can be asked
- How I should make them more concise
- Any other advise for preparing for the essay part of the exam

Thanks so much

(Les media = unit 1, la santé = unit 3)

EDIT:

Added reformatted notes for la santé units with english translations

EDIT: Of course when it says ils faites, it means ils font

EDIT: I have added reformatted notes for les media unit, they are in a table with fr/eng

EDIT: Updated La santé/ mode de vie outline with:
- Better sport advantages/ dangers
+ Health problems for:
  • Bad diet
  • Smoking
  • Alcohol
  • Drugs
Attached files
Patrick2810
Rep:
?
:bump: (please!!)
oli19919
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Patrick2810)
I am currently doing AQA AS french and have made notes that I hope cover every essay question that can be asked for units 1 and 3 - and I am ignoring units 2 and 4 as I don't have much to say about most of the topics in them.

Can you advise about:

Thanks so much

How do you find a-level french? Would you recommend it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bethaaaaany
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They are brilliant! The phrases will be useful to slot into both speaking and writing exams. You've made sure to include positives and negatives for a lot of topics also. I'm also doing AS French and you've definitely given me lots of inspiration for my own notes!
Patrick2810
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bethaaaaany)
They are brilliant! The phrases will be useful to slot into both speaking and writing exams. You've made sure to include positives and negatives for a lot of topics also. I'm also doing AS French and you've definitely given me lots of inspiration for my own notes!
thanks, I hope they will save you time - each topic took ~2hrs.

but I'm still really worried about remembering the points and generally how to prepare for the essay part of the exam (have got mostly Cs and Ds before and one B.... back in november )
Bethaaaaany
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
thanks, I hope they will save you time - each topic took ~2hrs.

but I'm still really worried about remembering the points and generally how to prepare for the essay part of the exam (have got mostly Cs and Ds before and one B.... back in november )
I feel you It is so difficult, I am seriously worried about French in general. I'm on CCEA who seem to be particularly picky - dreading my speaking exam especially!
Patrick2810
Rep:
?
I have added reformatted notes for la santé/mode de vie unit, they are in a table with fr/eng
yasmin#2
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Can you advise about:

Thanks so much

EDIT:

they are brilliant, thank you im doing WJEC and i think that covers everything, perhaps talk about the effect of drugs and alcohol on the heath?
cgureje
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Note: A lot of the content has been taken from french websites and all of it has been checked by french natives so should be mostly correct

Can you advise about:

Thanks so much

EDIT:

EDIT: Of course when it says ils faites, it means ils font
Thank u sooooo much, im retaking and these notes are helpful for these topicsxxxxx!
Patrick2810
Rep:
?
I have added reformatted notes for the les media unit, they are in a table with fr/eng
yasmin#2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have added reformatted notes for the les media unit, they are in a table with fr/eng
merciiiiiiiii bcp :heart:

Spoiler:
Show
je voudrais +1 mais je n'en ai plus
Patrick2810
Rep:
?
(Original post by yasmin#2)
they are brilliant, thank you im doing WJEC and i think that covers everything, perhaps talk about the effect of drugs and alcohol on the heath?
Ok I've updated la santé/mode de vie outline with improved sports advs and dangers, and health problems on: bad diet, alcohol, drugs, smoking
yasmin#2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ok I've updated la santé/mode de vie outline with improved sports advs and dangers, and health problems on: bad diet, alcohol, drugs, smoking
thanks so much! im sure you'll do brilliantly ,theyre really well phrased notes
Patrick2810
Rep:
?
(Original post by yasmin#2)
thanks so much! im sure you'll do brilliantly ,theyre really well phrased notes
The health problems notes have also served as a biology lesson lol - you'll see a lot of "technical" language there
Exephy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just found this - these are great! Stress, sport, Diet, drugs, fast food and Advertising haven't yet come up in a June paper. Internet and reality TV along with smoking (tabac) have but 2011 or earlier
Patrick2810
Rep:
?
Note: It might be good to just write about portables/internet for nouvelles technologies as they may not like hearing about washing machines/electricity !
lafleur96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
omg this is awesome! I was wondering if you did one for music? I'm only going to revise 3 topics which are sports, internet and music because they haven't come up in a while >.<
Patrick2810
Rep:
?
Note: It might be good to just write about portables/internet for nouvelles technologies as they may not like hearing about washing machines/electricity !

(Original post by lafleur96)
omg this is awesome! I was wondering if you did one for music? I'm only going to revise 3 topics which are sports, internet and music because they haven't come up in a while >.<
Sorry no only got notes on units 1 and 3

Stress publicité and smoking are also quite likely apparently
lafleur96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Sorry no only got notes on units 1 and 3

Stress publicité and smoking are also quite likely apparently
Oh yeah sorry I didn't read your full post >.< I'm going all in on sports and music! one of them is bound to come up since they both haven't come up since 2009/2010 someone please back me up with this so I'll feel better xD

I told my tutor about publicité might be a possibility but she says it's unlikely since it was on the 2012 one? About the smoking one too... They had the alcohol one last year right? I doubt they'd do something similar but if anyone is an expert with predictions please correct me!
username1271026
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
how did you guys do in your mocks? As in last years paper
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (46)
9.24%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.81%
No, but I want to start (177)
35.54%
No, I am unable to (117)
23.49%
No, I chose not to (144)
28.92%