The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Meet the LGBT anarchists who've gone to Syria to fight Isis

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/lgbt-syria-isis-fight-rights-anarchists-queer-insurrection-islamic-state-a7859756.html

Gotta love the Kurds.

inb4 regressive left screams islamophobia while the right goes completely silent
Original post by aware1
Honestly, enough with the LGBT/Gay muslim nonsense. You cant be gay and muslim simple. Just like how you cant drink alcohol and be muslim, or take drugs and be muslim. Islam aint gna ever change. Your not gay and muslim, you are just ex-muslim from that stage. The dunya is getting you all of you, media, TV and other heinous forms of entertainment is brainwashing the masses.

Are you saying that sinners can't be muslims?
Original post by Meany Pie
Are you saying that sinners can't be muslims?

Theres varying levels of sin, LGBT is amongst the highest. Theres stories around this, the people of Lot is the main one where punishment was execution if caught. If they seek forgiveness before caught, it says they are fine. But thats clearly doesn't happen in that community.
Original post by aware1
Theres varying levels of sin, LGBT is amongst the highest. Theres stories around this, the people of Lot is the main one where punishment was execution if caught. If they seek forgiveness before caught, it says they are fine. But thats clearly doesn't happen in that community.

I don't think this is the right place for debate on this matter.
Original post by aware1
Honestly, enough with the LGBT/Gay muslim nonsense. You cant be gay and muslim simple. Just like how you cant drink alcohol and be muslim, or take drugs and be muslim. Islam aint gna ever change. Your not gay and muslim, you are just ex-muslim from that stage. The dunya is getting you all of you, media, TV and other heinous forms of entertainment is brainwashing the masses.

Yes, you can. Nowhere in the Quran or sunnah does it say that homosexuality or alcohol take you out of the fold of Islam. Making takfir on other Muslims on the other hand, is a grave problem, as apparently the takfir rebounds on the one making it..
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Yes, you can. Nowhere in the Quran or sunnah does it say that homosexuality or alcohol take you out of the fold of Islam. Making takfir on other Muslims on the other hand, is a grave problem, as apparently the takfir rebounds on the one making it..

You and I have disagreed on so many things in the past, but this time, I agree with you on this. The only thing that takes you out of the fold of Islam is denouncing God [shirk], among other things such as manipulation of Quran's verses, mockery, witchcraft [jinn], etc.
Original post by Meany Pie
I don't think this is the right place for debate on this matter.

Censorship much? Exactly as I was saying before.

No you can't. It says the acts are clearly punishable. You aren't suppost to things that you can be punished for. Just like stealing or murder. 4:16, 27:55, 25:165-166. not to mention all scholars refute LGBT and homosexuality.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by aware1

:facepalm2:

This isn't the debate forum
Original post by aware1
No you can't. It says the acts are clearly punishable. You aren't suppost to things that you can be punished for. Just like stealing or murder. 4:16, 27:55, 25:165-166

Yes, you can. Saying an act is punishable is not in any way the same as saying it takes you out of the fold of Islam. As someone already mentioned, Muslims believe that everyone sins, so if sins made you an apostate then there wouldn't be a single Muslim left on Earth.

It doesn't say that you can't be but it's like being a black KKK member or a Nazi Jew.
Original post by Charliewiz
It doesn't say that you can't be but it's like being a black KKK member or a Nazi Jew.

Well not really, most sins don't just take you out of a religion unless the holy book explicitly says so.
Original post by aware1

Yes you can be muslim and gay, the only sin which Allah does not forgive is believing in a different god or no god.

You are right.

Original post by aware1

No you can't. It says the acts are clearly punishable. You aren't suppost to things that you can be punished for. Just like stealing or murder. 4:16, 27:55, 25:165-166. not to mention all scholars refute LGBT and homosexuality.

This thread is to SUPPORT muslims who are homosexual, why are you posting things which could make muslims feel bad? This isn't a debate thread as meany pie said
Original post by aware1

As a Muslim, I'm going to tell you that this is very wrong thinking. We all sin. No one is perfect. Yes, there are so many things we know is wrong yet we do it anyway. But that's only because we're human. God knows this and He forgives us if we repent from our mistakes. Moreover, committing acts of sin do not take us out of the fold of Islam. Honestly, it's uneducated people like you who give Islam a bad rep.
Well not really, most sins don't just take you out of a religion unless the holy book explicitly says so.

It's still an oxymoron. Being a member of a cult that wants you dead.
It's still an oxymoron. Being a member of a cult that wants you dead.

There's a difference between members wanting you dead and the ideology itself saying that your sin makes you an apostate.
There's a difference between members wanting you dead and the ideology itself saying that your sin makes you an apostate.

What does that even mean. It's not even rational to be part of a cult that hates you. The idiology hates you aswell as the people.
What does that even mean. It's not even rational to be part of a cult that hates you. The idiology hates you aswell as the people.

It means what it says. The member I quoted said that being gay takes you out of the fold of Islam. I replied that it doesn't and no scriptural evidence supports their assertion. Whether members of the religion hate you has absolutely no bearing on whether being gay makes you an apostate.
It means what it says. The member I quoted said that being gay takes you out of the fold of Islam. I replied that it doesn't and no scriptural evidence supports their assertion. Whether members of the religion hate you has absolutely no bearing on whether being gay makes you an apostate.

They claim that they want equality yet they're part of an organisation that so long as it is around wants to kill them. Islam says to kill gays so its stupid to be part of islam and gay at the same time.
They claim that they want equality yet they're part of an organisation that so long as it is around wants to kill them. Islam says to kill gays so its stupid to be part of islam and gay at the same time.

But if they've been raised to be Muslim then it's not the easiest thing to just leave Islam, as in stop believing in Allah.

Precisely. I have a Muslim friend who told me once: "Just because I'm attracted to guys doesn't mean I'm going to stop praying and believing in God."

It doesn't have to be one or the other. You can still choose to continue practicing Islam no matter what sex you're attracted to. We can't judge others for the choices and lifestyle they lead; we leave that judgement to God and God only, which is exactly what Islam tells us to do. :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending