The Student Room Group

Girlfriend discovered my teddy bear!

So, a few days ago, I was back from my university lecture. However, my girlfriend was still in hers. I decided to go to bed early and gave in to temptation got my teddy bear (not a euphemism!) out and tucked up in. She came back and discovered me asleep hugging the bear. She said she thought it was 'absolutely adorable!'. However, I realize it is a bit immature to still have a teddy bear at university. And I was intending to give the teddy bear to my younger cousin as it might make quite a nice present for her. So, what can I do to make it up to my girlfriend and show her that I am not a complete immature tool. Should I take her out somewhere nice to dinner or such?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thank you for reading the OP by the way!
Reply 2
Don't worry about it and don't give away your teddy bear.

I still have mine. (23 year old girl).

I have male friends who still have their childhood teddy.
One was 27 and wouldn't let his 3 year old daughter play with it.
lol that must have been pretty awkward. Honestly, if she's your girlfriend and she was cool with it, she must really find it cute. Everyone has a comfort thing. While I don't snuggle any teddy bears (other than my bf) I've done this thing ever since I was a kid where I unconsciously hog the corner of the duvet in my sleep and cuddle it to my face. Especially when I'm stressed. Very annoying if you're the other person in my bed who wakes up in the middle of the night cause they're suddenly cold. I also have a penchant for soft things. Like ultra-soft fleecy blankets. I've got way too many, it's like a whole collection.
Reply 4
Original post by Bobbi!
Don't worry about it and don't give away your teddy bear.

I still have mine. (23 year old girl).

I have male friends who still have their childhood teddy.
One was 27 and wouldn't let his 3 year old daughter play with it.

Ok, thank you for the advice!
Reply 5
Original post by Mundus vult
So, a few days ago, I was back from my university lecture. However, my girlfriend was still in hers. I decided to go to bed early and gave in to temptation got my teddy bear (not a euphemism!) out and tucked up in. She came back and discovered me asleep hugging the bear. She said she thought it was 'absolutely adorable!'. However, I realize it is a bit immature to still have a teddy bear at university. And I was intending to give the teddy bear to my younger cousin as it might make quite a nice present for her. So, what can I do to make it up to my girlfriend and show her that I am not a complete immature tool. Should I take her out somewhere nice to dinner or such?

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Reply 6
Original post by Trypsin
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

????
Reply 7
Original post by godivaontherocks
lol that must have been pretty awkward. Honestly, if she's your girlfriend and she was cool with it, she must really find it cute. Everyone has a comfort thing. While I don't snuggle any teddy bears (other than my bf) I've done this thing ever since I was a kid where I unconsciously hog the corner of the duvet in my sleep and cuddle it to my face. Especially when I'm stressed. Very annoying if you're the other person in my bed who wakes up in the middle of the night cause they're suddenly cold. I also have a penchant for soft things. Like ultra-soft fleecy blankets. I've got way too many, it's like a whole collection.

Ok, thank you!
Reply 8
????

This is adorable
Reply 9
Original post by Trypsin
This is adorable

Thank you for the very kind reassurance!
I never had a teddy bear, there is nothing that I have sentimental attachments to.:frown:
:cry:
Reply 11
:hugs:
Original post by asmuse123
I never had a teddy bear, there is nothing that I have sentimental attachments to.:frown:
:cry:

Big hugs :hugs:

Big hugs :hugs:

Thank you.
That's so cute! She found it adorable, so I guess you have nothing to worry about! :biggrin:
She told you she thinks it's absolutely adorable. If I were you, I'd run with that. Keep the bear, and let here find it adorable and all the things that may come from that.
If you want to reverse this, the only way is to let her watch you spontaneously rip the teddy bear's head off and fist it's neck. Tell her it looked at you funny.
Reply 16
Original post by frankieboy
She told you she thinks it's absolutely adorable. If I were you, I'd run with that. Keep the bear, and let here find it adorable and all the things that may come from that.

Ok, thank you for the advice!
STOP MAKING AN ACCOUNT EVERYDAY.

You are just seeking attention. You make similar threads to get compliments about how 'caring' you are.

Does anyone else notice this?

Having a teddy doesn't make you an 'immature tool' and if you like them then your partner shouldn't be cynical enough to judge you for it. I love teddies and I'm not ashamed that of it :P
Reply 19
Original post by TykeDragon
If you want to reverse this, the only way is to let her watch you spontaneously rip the teddy bear's head off and fist it's neck. Tell her it looked at you funny.

That sounds cruel!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending