AQA AS BUSS 2 key terms for Improving Organisational structures Watch

JoshGrainge
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Organisational Structures: the relationship between different people and functions in an organisation
Organisational chart: a diagram showing the lines of authority and layers of hierarchy in an organisation
Organisational hierarchy: the vertical division of authority and accountability in an organisation
Levels of Hierarchy: the number of different supervisory and management levels between the shop floor and the chief executive of an organisation
Span of Control: the number of subordinates whom a manager is required to supervise directly.
Delegation: the process of passing authority down the hierarchy from a manager to a subordinate
Responsibility: being accountable for one’s actions.
Authority: the ability or power to carry out a task
Accountability: the extent to which a named individual is held responsible for the success or failure of a particular policy, project or piece of work
Communication: the process for exchanging information or ideas between two or more individual groups
Internal Communication: the exchange of information that takes place within an organisation
External Communication: the exchange of information that takes place with individuals, groups and organisations outside the business.
One-way Communication: Communication without any feedback
Two-way Communication: Communication with feedback
Communication channel: the route through which communication occurs
Open channels of communication: any staff member is welcome to see, read or hear the discussions and conclusions
Closed channels of communication: access to the information is restricted to a named few.
Formal channels of communication: communication channels established and approved by senior management, within which any form of communication is regarded as formal
Informal channels of communication: means of passing information outside the official channels, often developed by employees themselves
Vertical communication: when information is passed up and down the chain of command.
Lateral communication: when people at the same level within an organisation pass information to each other.
TSR Jessica
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (53)
9.28%
I used to but I don't now (15)
2.63%
No, but I want to start (205)
35.9%
No, I am unable to (132)
23.12%
No, I chose not to (166)
29.07%