Edexcel Economics AS unit 2 May 2014 paper 30 mark question helppp xo

Watch
harry0137
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
'Evaluate the merits of using supply-side policies to overcome ‘the GreatStagnation’ (Extract 1, line 1).'

yeah thats the question, any tips on how to answer it?
DoubleOG
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Did this the other day as a mock and was a bit confused. The question is worded a bit weirdly. I wrote basically 3 possible supply-side policies that would help to "kickstart" the economy and boost economic growth in order to overcome the stagnation. I can't find the mark scheme for it, but that's how I answered it I don't know if it was right or not.
DoubleOG
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Just found the MS and Examiner report:
http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...-June-2014.pdf

My method of answering was right.

Structure as follows:

Definition & Introduction

First point (measure)
Explanation with reference to extract
Evaluation
Link back to question

Second point (measure)
Evaluation
Link back to question

Third point (measure)
Evaluation
Link back to question

Final conclusion with it depends used with at least two supportive points.

Only do conclusion if you have time. Hope I helpe.d
keynes24
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by DoubleOG)
Did this the other day as a mock and was a bit confused. The question is worded a bit weirdly. I wrote basically 3 possible supply-side policies that would help to "kickstart" the economy and boost economic growth in order to overcome the stagnation. I can't find the mark scheme for it, but that's how I answered it I don't know if it was right or not.
That's correct.
Definition SSP
Diagram of SSP
Data referece + explain what stagnation
3 different SSP to increase economy growth
3 or more evaluations criticising SSPs
keynes24
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Just found the MS and Examiner report:

My method of answering was right.

Structure as follows:

Definition & Introduction

First point (measure)
Evaluation
Link back to question

Second point (measure)
Evaluation
Link back to question

Third point (measure)
Evaluation
Link back to question

Final conclusion with it depends used with at least two supportive points.

Only do conclusion if you have time. Hope I helpe.d
Conclusion is not required same as introduction.
DoubleOG
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by keynes24)
Conclusion is not required same as introduction.
Yeah that's why I said only do it if you have time . Intros and conclusions are good for cramming in the definitions and extra bits of evaluation if you have spare time at the end.
keynes24
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Yeah that's why I said only do it if you have time . Intros and conclusions are good for cramming in the definitions and extra bits of evaluation if you have spare time at the end.
The point I am trying to make is that you won't get any marks for them. Definitions are only given marks for the first 6 marks not as part of the analysis or evaluation. For 30 marks questions it would be better to give more than 3 evaluations rather than a conclusion that will not be credited.
DoubleOG
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by keynes24)
The point I am trying to make is that you won't get any marks for them. Definitions are only given marks for the first 6 marks not as part of the analysis or evaluation. For 30 marks questions it would be better to give more than 3 evaluations rather than a conclusion that will not be credited.
Ah, okay I understand now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.62%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.72%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (135)
25.81%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
8.22%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (252)
48.18%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.44%

Watched Threads