The Student Room Group

Is my bf sick of me??? Help please! :(((

Hey I really need some help right now because I literally don't know what to do!

I've been with my bf for like almost 8 months and it's all been really good. We get on so well and he's just so amazing and I never thought I would have to post this!!

Since I met him we've been in like constant communication, I mean, it makes my day. We talk about everything and anything and it's never forced. HOWEVER, yesterday he seemed to take longer to reply. Also, the amount of x's that he put in his messages have been reduced lately. I thought it was a mistype but now I think it was deliberate :frown:.

I texted him twice earlier today, trying to casually ask if he got my messages, but he hasn't replied at all. This is so not like him! I really don't know what to do! I don't want to bother him but I'm worried he's upset with me... What should I do?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well at this point in the relationship it could be that the honeymoon phase has ended and he's settling into a less enthusiastic routine. Or maybe he's just busier at the moment.
Maybe he is busy doing something?
Reply 3
Hard to say. Deterioration in communication can be a concern but isn't necessarily so. My advice would be not to panic. Just see what it's like when next you see him. Getting more intense when you fear a breakup, as I have done in the past, isn't a good strategy. Counter intuitively the more relaxed and non possessive you are the stronger the attraction.
Chill, he's probably busy.
The whole 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ,<3 <£<3<£<££3,,3£<£<' does get boring after a while, my longest lasting relationships have been the most casual ones with less of the cutsey tone and more of a really close friend tone. That's just me though.
you know what will make get sick of you?

ridiculous over analasys of something as mundane and NOT ENOUGH XXXX AT THE END OF A MESSAGE
Let him have space to breathe. He still loves you!
Reply 8
Yeah seriously it means nothing, I never put an 'x' at the end of any of my messages.
He's probably busy doing something and will reply when he has the time
Reply 9
Jeez, cut the guy some slack. He's allowed to have a life as well as you, isn't he?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe you're not nice enough to him?
Lol...not sure if this is serious, but i think you're crowding him and not giving him room to breathe.
Original post by mrfletch
Well at this point in the relationship it could be that the honeymoon phase has ended and he's settling into a less enthusiastic routine. Or maybe he's just busier at the moment.

But it's so sudden! I dont understand it.
Original post by Zarek
Hard to say. Deterioration in communication can be a concern but isn't necessarily so. My advice would be not to panic. Just see what it's like when next you see him. Getting more intense when you fear a breakup, as I have done in the past, isn't a good strategy. Counter intuitively the more relaxed and non possessive you are the stronger the attraction.

Maybe... but I know he hasn't been busy so I can't help but worry!
Original post by RabbitCFH
Maybe you're not nice enough to him?

He has told me that I'm the most amazing person he's ever met though... could be a lie, I guess.
yep bc he's limited the amount of x's he put he's deffo getting sick of you.
u sound very clingy
Reply 17
This is first world problems on steroids.
Maybe he's maturing in terms of the relationship. The talking 24/7, instant replies and spam of X's at the end of a message is fun at first and a good way of showing interest, but after a while it's just unnecessary. I think he's just more comfortable in the relationship, like he's eased into it. The honeymoon phase is over and now you can be in a proper relationship.
Original post by DespicableFooks
He has told me that I'm the most amazing person he's ever met though... could be a lie, I guess.

Hmm, I wouldn't suppose that he'd lie about something like that. I'd assume he meant it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending