The Student Room Group

thinking of changing uni/course

I'm currently studying maths at Oxford but I'm not enjoying the course or the workload. It's making me very stressed and upset and I've been considering changing university, possibly my course.

My main question is would it be a bad idea to change my course. I'm considering changing to psychology and then going to to do a PHD in child psychology as I can see myself enjoying that career as I like helping people and working with children.

I've had a lot of different opinions on whether I should change or not. My parents are pretty against me doing a psychology degree - which I understand, if I change my mind in the future I wont have as many job opportunists as if I did a maths degree.

Can I please have some advice.

Thank you :smile:
What made you do Maths in the first place?
Reply 2
Original post by Synthesize
What made you do Maths in the first place?

I'm good at it and it seems like a good degree to have.
Reply 3
Well I've changed degree pathway to psychology from a joint honours program and it was definitely the right decision for me, as I love it and it is supposedly a very versatile subject - if you are finding the workload is affecting your health, if you wanted you could perhaps pursue counseling help? As I discovered, regardless of anyone else's opinions do what you think you will enjoy the most and psychology still has excellent prospects 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by 06sargmat
Well I've changed degree pathway to psychology from a joint honours program and it was definitely the right decision for me, as I love it and it is supposedly a very versatile subject - if you are finding the workload is affecting your health, if you wanted you could perhaps pursue counseling help? As I discovered, regardless of anyone else's opinions do what you think you will enjoy the most and psychology still has excellent prospects

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest